Gibson Brands Forums

SJ100 '41 Reissue

Jinder

Hi all,

I've had this guitar for a while now and have really got to know it (particularly after removing the previous owner's luthier's sandpaper and cardboard shim bodgery!).

I've REALLY bonded with the '41 Reissue. It's incredibly lightly built and responsive, and music just tumbles out of it. It's remarkably balanced and has a wonderful lyrical midrange and top end which works beautifully for any playing style whatsoever, and I never tire of picking it up.

Yesterday, being St Paddy's Day, I had two 2hr gigs in the afternoon and evening which I used SJ100 for, and after four hours of playing (and another four hours of driving!), when I got home the first thing I did was whip it straight back of its case and play it for another hour!

I traded several other lesser guitars to get my hands on the SJ100 as I wanted a great road dog guitar which played, sounded and looked great but wasn't insanely expensive. It fits the bill perfectly and I couldn't be happier. Plus it's starting to pick up some playwear now so will only look more road-worn and beautiful as time goes on ☺

Amen on the J100. Superb guitar...........Two 2-hr gigs...lol....sounds like a job to me. I don't mind two hrs, but after that I want to share the time...lol...... I get what you're saying about the guitar. Sometimes the gig, even a great gig isn't enough. When you get home that guitar is still calling your name. Glad you've got a great friend. [thumbup]

Indeed it is, Buc! I'm super pleased with the old gal.

MissouriPicker, yeah 4hrs is graft...at least I got a break between the shows but it's still a lot of stage time with the sore fingers and throat to match! A lot of my weekend bookings are like that, but being the full-time musical dogsbody that I am it's always good to take the work when it's available to help ride out the quiet periods. This winter was brutally quiet work wise but it's shaping up to be a nice busy year thankfully!

Yeah, playing is fun. Plus, it helps if the gigs actually pay some decent money. Some of the wineries around here are incredible. Almost scary. "You'll pay me how much for two hours?"...lol....Makes me wonder if I should then ask, "Are you sure you've heard me before? You're not mistaking me for someone else?"...lol........Seriously, no way I could do it full time. I would have starved years ago. Just an amateur hacker, but I'm having a lot of fun being a folksinger on my personal Fantasy Island. And at least one old axiom still holds true-----Ladies like guitar players. Even the old ones. [thumbup]

Archived