Gibson Brands Forums

Are you a Mario Andretti fan?

Dennis G

I'll have to watch that. I have watched some LeMans in the past, and him. I'm mostly NHRA though since that's what I did. I'm surprised John Force at 67 is still racing. He'll be 68 May 4th and promises another 5 years yet already with 16 Funny Car titles. So I had to look up the oldest top Fuel driver still active and would you believe Chris Karamesines still drives over 10,000 HP top fuel dragsters at 330 mph at 83 years old and just took delivery of a new TF dragster?

Wow. I know of him but I didn't know he was still competing.

Mario gave up competing about 20 years ago, but still hustles contest winners, journalists, tv personalities, etc. around various race courses in a 2 seat Indycar. Just to show he's not slowing down, a few years ago, at Laguna Seca, he was taking some journalists around and his lap times were something like 2/10 of a second off of the pole time. This while hustling an extra 150 lbs. +/- in the car. Dario Franchiti commented on Mario's speed a few years ago at Indy, when MA was shaking down a car for the team. Dario's comment was along the lines of "pretty damned impressive".

I ended up missing it. Mom had issues with her Blood Pressure way high and I had to run over to CB Iowa and spend the morning to afternoon with her in case I had to run her to the hospital. Sisters oldest son contacted her doctor and picked up the new meds her doctor prescribed. Bet it was really good, oh well.

I ended up missing it. Mom had issues with her Blood Pressure way high and I had to run over to CB Iowa and spend the morning to afternoon with her in case I had to run her to the hospital. Sisters oldest son contacted her doctor and picked up the new meds her doctor prescribed. Bet it was really good, oh well.

Hope Mom is well, Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdkOEIV47TU

And unless I miss my guess, the Chuck Berry segment follows.

1490051423[/url]' post='1843218']

Hope Mom is well, Here ya go:

https://www.youtube....h?v=wdkOEIV47TU

And unless I miss my guess, the Chuck Berry segment follows.

Thanks, I enjoyed that. Wow, he looked short compared to a guy he was walking beside, so I looked it up, never knew he was only 5'7"" tall. Always thought he was taller then that. Anyway, mom's ok for now, she had a mini heart attack and has a blockage in the back of her heart as well as her neck. The heart is enlarged and some kidney problems. Can't operate till doctors get the Blood Pressure stabilized for a long period of time and the heart shrunk. So she's a ticking time bomb really and sometimes I have to drop what I'm doing and run over to Council Bluffs and check on her. My other 2 sisters live over there and check on her all the time and one sleeps at her house. Which reminds me, I need to get off and give her a call.

Ok, just watched that too. Chuck will be missed he did a lot. Used to play his songs on an 8 track in my Barracuda when I was in high school cruising Broadway amoung other tracts. Used to love Black Oak Arkansas too, I haven't talked to very many people that used to listen to them. Go Jim Dandy!msp_thumbup.gif

Andretti used to live right by the Martin Guitar Plant in Nazereth PA.

We went to see the plant take the tour and went over to the Pocono speedway and of coarse the famous Andretti house. You can't miss it it's got the checkered flags out front!

1490198913[/url]' post='1843624']

Don't you mean "motorvatin"? [flapper]

Chuck Berry, was songs like Roll over Beethoven, Johnny B Good, My Ding A Ling, ect. but was talking about Jim Dandy with Black Oak Arkansas.

Haven't heard of motorvatin, listened to Black Oak Arkansas for a couple of years or so and seemed the band split up or something. I don't remember. Members Jim "Dandy" Mangrum, Tommy Aldridge, Shawn Lane, More. Band named after the bands hometown, Black Oak Arkansas. Reached their height of fame in the 70's with 10 charting albums.

Archived