• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Want to see something really cool?

#1 User is offline   jaxson50 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

nuff said...

• Yogi Berra - "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."

#2 User is offline   Izzy 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Sounds BOSS ... not the pedal. You know what I mean [biggrin]

But seriously, how much of the bad assness is that guitarist? [flapper]

Never heard of this brand, thanks for the educational tour [thumbup]
======================================================================

I spend a lot of time in my room with my instruments brooding and s%^t. It's cheaper than therapy.

#3 User is offline   jaxson50 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Izzy said:

1489941950[/url]' post='1842849']
Sounds BOSS ... not the pedal. You know what I mean [biggrin]

But seriously, how much of the bad assness is that guitarist? [flapper]

Never heard of this brand, thanks for the educational tour [thumbup]

I know! That guitar just cooks!
  • Yogi Berra - "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."

#4 User is offline   surfpup 

• Picker and Grinner
  • LocationSaint Augustine, FL

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

The new lie of Supro amps are pretty great sounding as well. He looks to be using one of those - though not sure which one.

#5 User is offline   jaxson50 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

surfpup said:

1489946078[/url]' post='1842875']
The new lie of Supro amps are pretty great sounding as well. He looks to be using one of those - though not sure which one.

Yep, they are are back better than ever..

I think Jimmy Page used the original Black Magic

#6 User is offline   kelly campbell 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

Nice!

#7 User is offline   pippy 

• LocationLondon, U.K.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostIzzy, on 19 March 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

But seriously, how much of the bad assness is that guitarist?...

Posted Image

MOST impressive. Both the playing and the kit sound fantastic. But I'd probably put more of that down to the "Playing" than the "Kit".
Pfftttt...who needs a top hat when you can play like that?

Is it just me or does the descending chord strummed at 1:54 sound like the intro to P. Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine"?

Thanks for posting, Jax!

Posted Image

Doesn't the Rev. here have one of the new Supro amps?
I'm fairly sure (though not 100% sure) I read a glowing report of one by himself last year; no?.....

Posted Image

Pip.

#8 User is offline   Izzy 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

So now that y'all mention it....I've never played through one of those Supro Amps :-k
======================================================================

I spend a lot of time in my room with my instruments brooding and s%^t. It's cheaper than therapy.

#9 User is offline   glp2012 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Well, I like the amp, but at $1,999k ($1,499 at Sweetwater) for a 1x12 amp, I'll have to pass. Assembled in the USA, according to their website.

#10 User is offline   jaxson50 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Me and Cali have been checking them out at Eagle Guitar here in Meridian, man they are nice, but spendy, but no more than a Mesa Boogie. In fact they are less then MBs.

#11 User is online   Dub-T-123 

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

surfpup, on 19 March 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

I read that the company that makes Classic Tone made transformers for the original Supro amps back in the day. Wonder if they have anything to do with the new ones?
''/\_/\
( - . - )
(,,) (,,)

#12 User is offline   surfpup 

• Picker and Grinner
  • LocationSaint Augustine, FL

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostDub-T-123, on 20 March 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

I read that the company that makes Classic Tone made transformers for the original Supro amps back in the day. Wonder if they have anything to do with the new ones?

Probably so. I got this off the website of Magnetic Components Inc. who make the Classic Tone trannys and apparently a bunch of other transformers for military and industrial uses.

"About Us: Magnetic Components, Inc. has been manufacturing transformers in the Chicago area since 1943. We maintain a 20,000 square foot manufacturing facility. We pride ourselves as being a small, family owned and operated transformer company located right here in the Chicago area, the original home of the USA transformer industry."

#13 User is online   Dub-T-123 

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

View Postsurfpup, on 21 March 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Probably so. I got this off the website of Magnetic Components Inc. who make the Classic Tone trannys and apparently a bunch of other transformers for military and industrial uses.

"About Us: Magnetic Components, Inc. has been manufacturing transformers in the Chicago area since 1943. We maintain a 20,000 square foot manufacturing facility. We pride ourselves as being a small, family owned and operated transformer company located right here in the Chicago area, the original home of the USA transformer industry."

I just ordered some! It would be cool if the new Supros used them. I looked at the Supro site and couldn't tell
''/\_/\
( - . - )
(,,) (,,)

#14 User is offline   Californiaman 

• MVP
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

View Postjaxson50, on 19 March 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Me and Cali have been checking them out at Eagle Guitar here in Meridian, man they are nice, but spendy, but no more than a Mesa Boogie. In fact they are less then MBs.

And there's a Supro Jupiter for sale for $1,000.00 on our local craigslist. Might just add it to my collection of sonic elixir. [wink] [wink]
1987 Alembic Five-String Spoiler Bass
1988 Gibson ES-175
1998 Epiphone Sorrento
2006 Fender Diamond Anniversary Telecaster
2008 Fender American Vintage '62 Telecaster Custom
1988 Gallien-Krueger 800RB
2001 Fender Custom Shop Master Built Two-Tone Amplifier
2006 Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. GA-5
2007 Fender "The '57 Limited Edition Deluxe Amplifier" Only 300 made for the world.

Signal Chain: Thomas Organ Cry Baby Way, Fulltone MDV-2, Fulltone '69 Slight Return, Home Brew Electronics Ultimate Fuzz Octave, Electro Harmonix Germanium 4,
Fulltone PlimSoul, Way Huge Green Rhino, MXR EVH 117 Flanger, Maxon AD 999 Analog Delay.

"We're all playing the same 12 notes. After that, it's what's inside that counts," Joe Satriani.

"If you don't sing, you better have a van, because that's the only way you're going to get a gig." Jimmie Vaughan.

"...Teles and Big Muffs go together like ham and cheese," Gearmanndude.

"If you're going to play the damn thing, play it like it's never been played beforeóor don't play it at all," Buddy Guy.

"See, a lot of cats don't work on the rhythm enough, and if you don't have rhythm, you might as well take up needlepoint or something," Prince.

"A pop star's career lasts for 18 months, but a musician's career lasts a life time," Peter Frampton.

"When I was touring with Neil Young, I got the best schooling ever on guitars and tone. He taught me that basically if you donít have tone, you might as well go home," Mike Ness from Social Distortion.

"To be honest, looking at your pic for about 18 months (I downloaded it, very good shot apart from also being a beautiful guitar) was one BIG reason for me getting it. I thought "I MUST have one of those before it's too late," Gibson Forums Member.

"It's all about feel, passion, and emotionómoving people with the guitar," Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

#15 User is offline   jaxson50 

• Advanced Member

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Californiaman said:

1490312626[/url]' post='1844002']
And there's a Supro Jupiter for sale for $1,000.00 on our local craigslist. Might just add it to my collection of sonic elixir. [wink] [wink]

Wait till you see what I'm getting Saturday! Posted Image

#16 User is online   RevDavidLee 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationChurch of Tone

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

View Postpippy, on 19 March 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

MOST impressive. Both the playing and the kit sound fantastic. But I'd probably put more of that down to the "Playing" than the "Kit".
Pfftttt...who needs a top hat when you can play like that?

Is it just me or does the descending chord strummed at 1:54 sound like the intro to P. Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine"?

Thanks for posting, Jax!

Posted Image

Doesn't the Rev. here have one of the new Supro amps?
I'm fairly sure (though not 100% sure) I read a glowing report of one by himself last year; no?.....

Posted Image

Pip.

Yes. Yes I do. I bought the reissue Thunderbolt after talking with Bruce Zinky about which model he thought I would be happiest with given my style of music preferences and his knowledge of my gear (I have been pestering him for years - he's an incredibly nice guy to talk to) [thumbup]

I absolutely LOVE IT and that 15" speaker can punch thru concrete :o :)

Posted Image
www.rivercityrockets.com

#17 User is offline   sparquelito 

• Tourette's Syndrome Sufferer
  • LocationNorthern Alabama

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

That video is actually kind of bad-***.

The dude has chops.

[smile]
Am I alone in this?

Am I alone?