Gibson Brands Forums

Want to see something really cool?

jaxson50

But seriously, how much of the bad assness is that guitarist?...

msp_thumbup.gif

MOST impressive. Both the playing and the kit sound fantastic. But I'd probably put more of that down to the "Playing" than the "Kit".

Pfftttt...who needs a top hat when you can play like that?

Is it just me or does the descending chord strummed at 1:54 sound like the intro to P. Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine"?

Thanks for posting, Jax!

msp_thumbup.gif

Doesn't the Rev. here have one of the new Supro amps?

I'm fairly sure (though not 100% sure) I read a glowing report of one by himself last year; no?.....

eusa_think.gif

Pip.

The new lie of Supro amps are pretty great sounding as well. He looks to be using one of those - though not sure which one.

I read that the company that makes Classic Tone made transformers for the original Supro amps back in the day. Wonder if they have anything to do with the new ones?

I read that the company that makes Classic Tone made transformers for the original Supro amps back in the day. Wonder if they have anything to do with the new ones?

Probably so. I got this off the website of Magnetic Components Inc. who make the Classic Tone trannys and apparently a bunch of other transformers for military and industrial uses.

"About Us: Magnetic Components, Inc. has been manufacturing transformers in the Chicago area since 1943. We maintain a 20,000 square foot manufacturing facility. We pride ourselves as being a small, family owned and operated transformer company located right here in the Chicago area, the original home of the USA transformer industry."

Probably so. I got this off the website of Magnetic Components Inc. who make the Classic Tone trannys and apparently a bunch of other transformers for military and industrial uses.

"About Us: Magnetic Components, Inc. has been manufacturing transformers in the Chicago area since 1943. We maintain a 20,000 square foot manufacturing facility. We pride ourselves as being a small, family owned and operated transformer company located right here in the Chicago area, the original home of the USA transformer industry."

I just ordered some! It would be cool if the new Supros used them. I looked at the Supro site and couldn't tell

Me and Cali have been checking them out at Eagle Guitar here in Meridian, man they are nice, but spendy, but no more than a Mesa Boogie. In fact they are less then MBs.

And there's a Supro Jupiter for sale for $1,000.00 on our local craigslist. Might just add it to my collection of sonic elixir. [wink] [wink]

msp_thumbup.gif

MOST impressive. Both the playing and the kit sound fantastic. But I'd probably put more of that down to the "Playing" than the "Kit".

Pfftttt...who needs a top hat when you can play like that?

Is it just me or does the descending chord strummed at 1:54 sound like the intro to P. Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine"?

Thanks for posting, Jax!

msp_thumbup.gif

Doesn't the Rev. here have one of the new Supro amps?

I'm fairly sure (though not 100% sure) I read a glowing report of one by himself last year; no?.....

eusa_think.gif

Pip.

Yes. Yes I do. I bought the reissue Thunderbolt after talking with Bruce Zinky about which model he thought I would be happiest with given my style of music preferences and his knowledge of my gear (I have been pestering him for years - he's an incredibly nice guy to talk to) [thumbup]

I absolutely LOVE IT and that 15" speaker can punch thru concrete :o :)

Thunderbolt-Tilt-1024x790.jpg

Archived