Gibson Brands Forums

High Performance fast heel

lvidal

Hello,

I'm planning to buy a 2017 Traditional HP later this year. I almost like everything about them on paper (except the shiny chrome things I plan to change 1st day). The only thing that have me thinking is the strength of the fast access heel.

Will it last over the years or give in to string tension? That's a cause of concern. They seem not to have a long tenon to compensate.

I want to hear from High Performance owners, no matter what model (Standard, Studio, Trads...). Or maybe a Gibson employee too, what they have to say about tests made.

How they feel?

How strong they seem?

How they play on the upper frets and what a big of a difference they make over traditional heels?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Hello,

I'm planning to buy a 2017 Traditional HP later this year. I almost like everything about them on paper (except the shiny chrome things I plan to change 1st day). The only thing that have me thinking is the strength of the fast access heel.

Will it last over the years or give in to string tension? That's a cause of concern. They seem not to have a long tenon to compensate.

I want to hear from High Performance owners, no matter what model (Standard, Studio, Trads...). Or maybe a Gibson employee too, what they have to say about tests made.

How they feel?

How strong they seem?

How they play on the upper frets and what a big of a difference they make over traditional heels?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

i haven't hears alex lifeson complain

Archived