Gibson Brands Forums

Happy New (to me) Amp Day

charlie brown

Hi All, it's been awhile since I posted a new piece of "gear," because...well, it's been awhile since I GOT a new,

or new to me, piece of gear.

While recently visiting my favorite music store/dealer, in Wichita (E.M. Shorts), to pick up one of my Ric 12-strings, after

it's yearly maintenance, I wandered into the "amp room," and spotted this beauty, just willing me, to "Take Me Home!"

It was in there, in consignment, at a very reasonable price. But, Me being ME, I asked them to call the guy, and see

if he would take just a bit less, for it. After some "back and forth," he finally, and begrudgingly agreed! So, take

it home, I did! I must say, this amp is a fire breathing beast!! Awesome! And, it's in "Like New" condition, with cover and 2 button foot switch, as well.

6672b0b9-6b07-485b-85df-c4ac0b6e00ef_zpsbrgtw0sp.jpg

Cheers, from one Very Happy Vibrolux owner. [biggrin]

CB

Hi All, it's been awhile since I posted a new piece of "gear," because...well, it's been awhile since I GOT a new,

or new to me, piece of gear.

While visiting my favorite music store/dealer, in Wichita (E.M. Shorts), to pick up one of my Ric 12-strings, after

it's yearly maintenance, I wondered into the "amp room," and spotted this beauty, just willing me, to "Take Me Home!"

It was in there, in consignment, at a very reasonable price. But, Me being ME, I asked them to call the guy, and see

if he would take just a bit less, for it. After some "back and forth," he finally, and begrudgingly agreed! So, take

it home, I did! I must say, this amp is a fire breathing beast!! Awesome! And, it's in "Like New" condition, as well.

6672b0b9-6b07-485b-85df-c4ac0b6e00ef_zpsbrgtw0sp.jpg

Cheers, from one Very Happy Vibrolux owner. [biggrin]

CB

Congrats on the new amp!

Cool! [thumbup] I did not realize they had reissued those bad boys in blackface trim, so I had to do some digging...

Apparently it's a Custom Shop thing that's not really a spot on reissue of anything and is also no longer available. The Custom Vibrolux was made in 1995 in the Custom shop as it's own thing. Then later went into production. These amps aren't real common apparently. Though now that I see some on Reverb, I really want one! [scared]

It was based on the the original Vibrolux's of the 60's, 2x10's, 40 watts, Reverb and tube Tremolo. Also it has Reverb and Vibrato on both channels: one normal and one bright. It also has 2 Alnico PR10's which make this amp sound different than a most reissues with ceramic magnet speakers.

Sure sounds like a winner to me!

Some links

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CustomVibR

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/vibrolux-reverb-reissue.210173/

https://reverb.com/p/fender-custom-vibrolux-reverb-reissue

Them are nice. Put a pair of 12s under it, along with whatever is in it, set volume to about 9.8, and BAM!

[Pippy/rabs/fransbarns/jdgm/ianhenry/mojorule voice]RHAWK[/Pippy/rabs/fransbarns/jdgm/ianhenry/mojorule voice] happens.

rct

[Pippy/rabs/fransbarns/jdgm/ianhenry/mojorule voice]RHAWK[/Pippy/rabs/fransbarns/jdgm/ianhenry/mojorule voice] happens...

Errmmm............I couldn't have put it better myself?.............unsure.gif

Pip.

Congrats CB - that's one hell of a nice amp in what looks like mint condition. It is a wonderful experience to stumble across something like this one that not only inspires you now, but will continue to do so for years to come. Enjoy the hell out of it! What a juicy amp! Allow me to drool over your score! [drool] [drool] [drool]

Very nice too. Must get my Fender combos out for a blow.

[Pippy/rabs/fransbarns/jdgm/ianhenry/mojorule voice]RHAWK[/Pippy/rabs/fransbarns/jdgm/ianhenry/mojorule voice] happens.

rct

Er well yes absolutely old chap. :-k Top hole and spiffing but you do need to work on the accent a little.

Nothing is as nice as Fender clean. Love my 2 Fender amps.

I endorse this comment 100%...200%..... [thumbup]

Thanks, All, for the kind comments. It IS in "Pristine" condition! The foot-switch still had the "banding" on it!

So, I'm not sure the amp was ever used, much, at all! Very "Old School" as well...which "I" love! So, it was a

lucky find (right place, at the right time), for me! [thumbup][biggrin] I wasn't really looking (seriously) for another amp,

but when something like this one comes along, for the price I bought it for, it's just a "no brianer," you know? [biggrin]

CB

Archived