Gibson Brands Forums

Funny Ebay guitar ad

Rabs

I guess that's one type of marketing direction to go... [rolleyes]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272591654524

Hi folks, here for sale is quite the worst guitar I have ever owned. The reserve is nothing, which is significantly more than it is worth.

Hand crafted in a state of advanced intoxication by the Professional Product Group - (I fear they were not technically professionals) - this catastrophic failure of an instrument boasts the following features -

Low action with only slight fret buzz on all strings all the way up the neck

Goes out of tune the second you look at it

G string pops out of the nut with even the slightest pressure

Super sharp frets ensure your fingers will be destroyed immediately, giving you an 'emo' edge at gigs.

Scratches for looking cool and that, call it a heavy relic like all the bell ends trying to sell broken Squiers for £500

Can't comment on the electronics as I have never plugged it in, it just didn't seem worth it

I don't want this in my house anymore

First come first mugged. No warranty beyond the cast iron guarantee of regret.

Collection only from my home in Witham, Essex, or I can smash it into bits and post it in a shoe box, choice is yours.

Check my feedback and bid with absolute confidence. You've nothing to lose but your dignity.

Payment via magic beans / beer

I like the question in the Q&A section of the eBay listing: Is it a genuine Chinese PPG model or a cheap Mexican import? The only thing better was the seller's reply. :)

I like the question in the Q&A section of the eBay listing: Is it a genuine Chinese PPG model or a cheap Mexican import? The only thing better was the seller's reply. :)

Yeah - crackingly funny question, and the reply was blunt and hilarious!

msp_laugh.gif

Very funny and, yes, the Q+A are very funny, too!

Seriously though, it's already been bid up to 50 quid! By whom? And why?

I would have thought that the hardware must be worth a reasonable amount on its own.

If anyone has a 'project' Strat-style (say) guitar then this would supply p'ups; trem bridge; the tuners are already replacements so might be ok; and so on...

Pip.

The Q & A made me bust out laughing:

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Hi, Is this a genuine Chinese PPG guitar or is it the cheap Mexican import? Thanks Neil Mar-20-17

A: Hi Neil, I understand your concern regarding the provenance of this bespoke masterpiece but I can assure you with absolute certainty that this instrument was produced in the centre of Satan's own anus. I hope that puts your mind at ease. All the best, and many thanks for your interest.

msp_laugh.gif

Very funny and, yes, the Q+A are very funny, too!

I would have thought that the hardware must be worth a reasonable amount on its own.

If anyone has a 'project' Strat-style (say) guitar then this would supply p'ups; trem bridge; the tuners are already replacements so might be ok; and so on...

Pip.

Yeah - good point Pip. Mind you, it obviously hadn't occurred to him either. He'd probably make more money by selling the parts individually, and then saving on his heating bill by using the rest as firewood!

H.

I am picturing "The Omen" in my head and the guitar killing its owner and sending itself to a new owner to destroy his/her life as well. I forsee hearing the original owner's screams come out the amp if it's ever plugged in.

Archived