Gibson Guitar Board: 2015 Les Paul Standard Limited Edition golden pearl - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2015 Les Paul Standard Limited Edition golden pearl Push pull

#1 User is offline   GoldJim 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:33 AM

I see that the vol push pull is a coil split and the treble tone is a 'blow' switch, but is the rhythm tone an out of phase thing? There is little to no documentation regarding the switch configurations for the LE's and nothing on Gibson's site.
-----------------------------------
2000 American Standard Stratocaster
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Placid Purple
2015 Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Golden Pearl
2017 Gibson Les Paul Tribute T
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special combo
Fender Blues Junior III (Amethyst)

#2 User is offline   scottpaine_69 

• Scotty V.
  • LocationNew Martinsville West Virginia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

From what I remeber it is a in/out of phase on the rhythm tone knob. My 2017 standard T is set up that way and the 2016 standard T's are the same. Although on the 2017 and 2016 Standard T's the volume push/pulls are NOT coil splits thay are coil taps. I think the same goes for the 2015 Gibson Standards. I have a 2015 Gibson Les Paul classic but it's set up differant than the 2015 Standards. My 2015 Classic has Coil Splits on both volume knobs but it only has 1 tone knob that is not a push/pull and in place of the missing tone knob it has a 15db boost togle switch. I love the neck on my 2015. How do you like the neck on the 2015 standard?
Scotty V.
http://imgur.com/a/z4f2J
Current equipment, 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Studio/active emg 81/85, 2012 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custome Plus, Fender Mustang V 150 watt stereo Head matched 4X12 200 watt Stereo Cab. 2 and 4 button switch for the head and expression pedal for the head.

#3 User is offline   RockyA 

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

There is on the Gibson website under schematics/manuals and select under Manuals - Les Paul Standard Guide

http://images.gibson...ard%20Guide.pdf

Go here to select and listen. Click on Link and select LISTEN

http://www.gibson.co...ndard-plus.aspx

#4 User is offline   GoldJim 

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostRockyA, on 21 March 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

There is on the Gibson website under schematics/manuals and select under Manuals - Les Paul Standard Guide

http://images.gibson...ard%20Guide.pdf

Go here to select and listen. Click on Link and select LISTEN

http://www.gibson.co...ndard-plus.aspx

Thanks, guys!

#5 User is offline   GoldJim 

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

View Postscottpaine_69, on 21 March 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

From what I remeber it is a in/out of phase on the rhythm tone knob. My 2017 standard T is set up that way and the 2016 standard T's are the same. Although on the 2017 and 2016 Standard T's the volume push/pulls are NOT coil splits thay are coil taps. I think the same goes for the 2015 Gibson Standards. I have a 2015 Gibson Les Paul classic but it's set up differant than the 2015 Standards. My 2015 Classic has Coil Splits on both volume knobs but it only has 1 tone knob that is not a push/pull and in place of the missing tone knob it has a 15db boost togle switch. I love the neck on my 2015. How do you like the neck on the 2015 standard?

Thanks, Scott.

I love the neck. It's the asymetrical slim taper neck. I had the 2015 Traditional, and I traded it for this. I liked the beefy neck on the Traditional, but it made for some real fatigue after hours of playing bar chords in bars for this guy with little and old hands. I found myself trading out to my 2017 Tribute T with the '60's slim taper after a while. Funny enough, the salesman told me the next day that I never left the parking lot and it was sold! It was a Placid Purple. I am sorry to see it go, but I had to do what's right for my wrist and fingers.

I'm starting a separate thread for this, but I'm thinking the Limited Edition Standard might have been a Wildwood exclusive. I've seen some Greg Koch videos with him playing them, including one that is 2 serial #'s from mine.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic