Gibson Brands Forums

Travelcaster Deluxe

Rabs

I actually really like both guitars!

The electronic gubbins in both seems really well thought out as far as the Aux-In and Mix-Out goes and I'm sure they both sound really good (all things considered) in real life.

I'd like them to have mentioned the scale-length of the acoustic; they said it was short-scale but what? 22 1/2"???

The detailing on the acoustic was interesting. Untraditional, perhaps, but not (IMO) ugly. It would probably grow on you through time. Rosewood and Maple inlay work too.

The biggest surprise for me, though, was the price; $400 for the acoustic and $300 for the Stratocaster Travelcaster.........msp_blink.gif..........

Seems Very Reasonable to me.

I think it would be a real hoot to take a Travelcaster up on stage and watch folks' facial expressions.......

Cool Products. Thanks for sharing, Rabs!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

I think it would be a real hoot to take a Travelcaster up on stage and watch folks' facial expressions.......

Pip.

Me too. I saw this design about 18 months back and immediately liked it. Its not a feasible travel design IMO. Its just too big.

But that shape is so ingrained in our memory that we infer the body shape that isnt there.

Nick didnt sell it to me. I would have to have a hardtail (I might buy his hat though) ;)

...Its not a feasible travel design IMO. Its just too big...

Nonsense!

Then again; you're talking to a lunatic chap who, as a member of his uni's Mountaineering Club used to un-bolt the neck of his Strat so as to be able to take the guitar with him in his rucksack for those long weekends away in the Highlands.....and I'm absolutely serious....

Pip.

Archived