Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Electrics for 2017?????

Larsongs

I must admit, I had given up checking on Memphis for 2017 models.

Since we are in late March now, does this mean Gibson will be laying Memphis staff off? ;)

What are they doing over there? Sweeping the floor & playing cards?

no, they have vaccums for that. but they are playing uno, and using 4 decks, and you can pass a draw card on to the next guy if you have one when someone lays it on you.

Spoke to a Rep at Gibson today & he was kinda clueless as to what's going on? He thought maybe they just haven't updated the Website?

I asked if there was anyplace I could check? He didn't know.

It may be there are many unsold previous year models as the prices have gone Sky high in the past couple years.

I have several Gibsons & Epi's now but have an interest in a Black Custom ES Les Paul w/Gold Hardware & Bigsby with MHS Pickups..

Spoke to a Rep at Gibson today & he was kinda clueless as to what's going on? He thought maybe they just haven't updated the Website?

I asked if there was anyplace I could check? He didn't know.

It may be there are many unsold previous year models as the prices have gone Sky high in the past couple years.

I have several Gibsons & Epi's now but have an interest in a Black Custom ES Les Paul w/Gold Hardware & Bigsby with MHS Pickups..

The 2016 model line is still in production until the 2017 (or beyond) model line is developed and put into production.

The 2016 model line is still in production until the 2017 (or beyond) model line is developed and put into production.

Thanks for the clarification. So, at this point there are no new Gibson Electric Hollow or Semi Hollow Body Guitars models for 2017.

Gibson's still building 2016's.

Thanks,

L

Thanks for the clarification. So, at this point there are no new Gibson Electric Hollow or Semi Hollow Body Guitars models for 2017.

Gibson's still building 2016's.

Thanks,

L

Got it.

Makes perfect sense now [thumbup]

Who?

Gibson's confusion between the "model line year" and the "production year" is stunning. Mind boggling. People can't even figure out if you all are making any guitars now.

You guys need some people who think about stuff to make sure it makes sense. Like who, in the thousand years of the English language, with all the English teachers and everything, who puts a date in front of something they make and not have that date be the date the thing was made? If the guitar is made in 2017, it's a 2017 model guitar. No charge.

If the guitar is made in 2017, it's a 2017 model guitar. No charge.

Whoa there badblues!

That is major consultancy work you did there, that is.

Don't let it go for free! [biggrin]

• 1 month later...

Today on the Gibson home page there are two new Memphis Limited Editions shown, a 275 with P-90s, and a 70s Walnut 335. Both pretty cool looking and button to click for more info.

Click on either one and you get a "page not available" message.

So they got the marketing together now for 2017 ](*,) ](*,)

Today on the Gibson home page there are two new Memphis Limited Editions shown, a 275 with P-90s, and a 70s Walnut 335. Both pretty cool looking and button to click for more info.

Click on either one and you get a "page not available" message.

So they got the marketing together now for 2017 ](*,) ](*,)

I saw a 70's Walnut 335 on a website somewhere. I thought it was woodbrass. If it was, they have removed it now. It was pretty CHEAP. Probably a mistake. Andertons uk are making it available on pre-order, but this time it aint cheap!

The links are working today. Couple of nice offerings - a 275 with P-90s (no numbers on the volume and tone knobs???)and a really nice looking 335 in a walnut stain with 57 Classics. Both pricey, but that's nothing new for hollow body ES guitars.

• 2 weeks later...

That walnut es335 is sure nuff' a sexy looking guitar. I've been trying to talk myself out of buying it and the $3500 price tag is helping out with that alot, but man its a fantastic looking guitar. Sam Ash is the only dealer I have seen with one in stock. Very surprised I haven't seen one on Sweetwater or AMS.

• 2 weeks later...

This company does give me a laugh. Some years they release the models ridiculously ahead of schedule and this year it appears as if they're skipping it altogether.

Somebody needs to go over to Memphis on a fact finding expedition and report back.

• 2 months later...

Well when they work....they really work over there. Just got a new "2016" 175 that was built late in the year and the 708th guitar that came off the line that day. A really busy day. After working like that all year I can see why they are taking it sort of easy in 2017.

Archived