Gibson Brands Forums

Robb Flynn tuning machine help

GPNfan

I just bought a used Robb Flynn Love/Death Baritone Flying V and I need help with the model of Grover locking tuners that was used on these guitars. The A string tuning machine is a little wonky, while it still works it dose not turn smoothly. I just ordered what I thought was the right set of locking Grovers only to find out the Grover 106C autolocking tuning machines are to small. The post is not only longer on the RFV but it also has a larger diameter. The nut is 14mm on the RFV tuning machine while the 106C nut is 10mm. Also the nut/sleeve on the RFV tuning machine is larger and screws onto the main body of the tuning machine instead of screwing into the tuning machine like the 106C. I hope what I'm saying sense since I don't know the proper names to the parts of a tuning machine. The reason I ordered the Grover 106C tuning machines is because that's what is on my Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus. The Epiphone product page for the RFV on list the tuning machines as Grover locking. I emailed Epiphone but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I almost forgot to mention the hole required for the tuning machines on the RFV are larger. Thanks for any help.

I just bought a used Robb Flynn Love/Death Baritone Flying V and I need help with the model of Grover locking tuners that was used on these guitars. The A string tuning machine is a little wonky, while it still works it dose not turn smoothly. I just ordered what I thought was the right set of locking Grovers only to find out the Grover 106C autolocking tuning machines are to small. The post is not only longer on the RFV but it also has a larger diameter. The nut is 14mm on the RFV tuning machine while the 106C nut is 10mm. Also the nut/sleeve on the RFV tuning machine is larger and screws onto the main body of the tuning machine instead of screwing into the tuning machine like the 106C. I hope what I'm saying sense since I don't know the proper names to the parts of a tuning machine. The reason I ordered the Grover 106C tuning machines is because that's what is on my Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus. The Epiphone product page for the RFV on list the tuning machines as Grover locking. I emailed Epiphone but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I almost forgot to mention the hole required for the tuning machines on the RFV are larger. Thanks for any help.

if you're the original owner, you can call Gibson and they can send you a replacement tuner.

Archived