Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Tony Iommi SG Replacement Tuners

jma

I just purchased an Iommi SG and I will be replacing the stock tuners with locking tuners. Can anyone recommend a compatible tuner that does not require additional drilling? Epiphone support has been unresponsive.

I just purchased an Iommi SG and I will be replacing the stock tuners with locking tuners. Can anyone recommend a compatible tuner that does not require additional drilling? Epiphone support has been unresponsive.

these should work IF the angle of the screw hole is correct. you can find a lot of options as far as a better brand tuner if you're not sold on the locking ones.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Gotoh_Magnum_Lock_Trad_6_In_Line_Tuners.html

these should work IF the angle of the screw hole is correct. you can find a lot of options as far as a better brand tuner if you're not sold on the locking ones.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Gotoh_Magnum_Lock_Trad_6_In_Line_Tuners.html

Thanks for the link. I'm going to bring the guitar to a local luthier and get his feedback.

Unfortunately, it's now a moot point. I'm returning the guitar. The material used to make the fretboard black rubs off making your fingertips black after just a few minutes of playing. Very disappointing.

I did a little research on this since my last post. They add a black dye to the ebony fretboard so it's completely black. The dye can take a few weeks to set in completely on a new guitar. I have 45 days to return it so I'll keep it awhile longer and see if the problem continues.

I did a little research on this since my last post. They add a black dye to the ebony fretboard so it's completely black. The dye can take a few weeks to set in completely on a new guitar. I have 45 days to return it so I'll keep it awhile longer and see if the problem continues.

You can clear off that dye by piece of cotton rag quite fast, so it doesn't stain your fingers any more. I had that SG for a month and was very dissapointed altogether. Returned it and added 200$ extra for Gibson LP Studio 2016 which feels and plays like a professional instrument and I love it. "High end" and signature Epiphones showed to me no better than their much cheaper versions... I'll never buy one again. I actually have Epi SG PRO and LP Goth and considering they were both around 300 USD, they are solid guitars. Paying over 800$ for Tonny Iommi Epi is a rip off... It's basically SG PRO with TI pick ups and shitty neck (for me at least).

Archived