Gibson Brands Forums

State of the Forum

Buc McMaster

I guess I missed all of the excitement.

Just as well, I only put up with unpleasant people at work because they give me money to do so.

I wouldn't do it for free.

From what I can see this is a great site and I love that line "When only a Gibson is glued enough"!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The state of the forum.

Other than things here have gotten a little boring I don't find it offensive at all.

The mods here do a great job keeping things in check. I don't log on much anymore but I rarely

see things go off the rails around here. Pretty tame.

Maybe I missed that thread but for the most part things are pretty predictable round here.

Is there a gentle way to say "suck it up princess" without going off the rails?

I don't see anything wrong with a healthy debate, however when it gets personal or one just wants to pick a fight by insulting another I think there are plenty of other places that will fit those needs.

In the UK the best-known of these places is called 'The House of Commons'.

Pip.

There was a guy on here years ago that would have political debates and he got kicked out. Things chilled out so much after he left it was sort of...like I missed him at first.

My personal experience has been awesome on here. Yes, there have been a few snarky comments over the years, but so few I hardly remember. And even noobs who don't know much about guitars get some level of assistance and acknowledgement. It is welcoming in a way other forums I've been on (not even guitar related, I mean in general).

As someone who has been a member here for a long time, I do miss the old pissing matches between Neo and Homes.

But I think Neo has been band for life and well Homes, (and I know this sounds weird because he was a hardcore atheist) God bless him, may he rest in peace.

What I have found over the years is that some people just get their panties in a bunch way too easily. Another related point is they get butt-hurt really easy.

It's only a forum. If you don't like someone's response to your post, you don't have to respond back to them.

Look it's simple. There's way too much hate going on in America to let your feelings be hurt in a guitar forum.

Chill out snow flake. Go to your safe place, curl up in a fetal position, suck you thumb and pet your puppy.

If that doesn't work. Play your guitar and write a song about the whole experience.

As someone who has been a member here for a long time, I do miss the old pissing matches between Neo and Homes.

But I think Neo has been band for life

NeoCon That is the guy I was thinking of!!!

OMG, it just dawned on me that the handle name meant Neo Concervative....I am such a blond sometimes!!! #-o

Anyways, that guy got in some really hot water all the time, but it also made for interesting posts. I got to read different perspectives and sometimes people would respectfully disagree, which is my favorite thing. People who only subscribe to what comforts them don't grow or learn. Not that you get swayed if you're firm on your stance, just that you have more information on a topic. It is really nice when afterwards there's a handshake and back to, "what do you make of these self-tuning guitars?"

I'd pop in here more often, but there are New Jersey guys here. Fock that.

I was -><- close to popping up there for that Eagle. Wrong time for money, but oh the urge was strong.

rct

The crux of the problem - whether here, on the Acoustic Forum, or in FarceBook - is as has been noted ' it's all OK until it gets personal'.

Well - Duh. Life is 'personal'. Driving, work, family, buying a guitar, playing it. Telling someone why you like your Gibson more than you would like their Epiphone.

Problem is - some people are prone to take offense too easily - so their response is to want to make the discussion about 'personal attacks' instead of Gibsons vs Epiphones.

It's called 'deflection' and if you get real good at it - you can become a politician.

The crux of the problem - whether here, on the Acoustic Forum, or in FarceBook - is as has been noted ' it's all OK until it gets personal'.

Well - Duh. Life is 'personal'. Driving, work, family, buying a guitar, playing it. Telling someone why you like your Gibson more than you would like their Epiphone.

Problem is - some people are prone to take offense too easily - so their response is to want to make the discussion about 'personal attacks' instead of Gibsons vs Epiphones.

It's called 'deflection' and if you get real good at it - you can become a politician.

Oh, yeah!

Archived