Gibson Brands Forums

New tuner day.... found a neat Korg tuner

bigtim

Doing away with the headstock tuner craze that I have had for several years. I know they are ok for being in a pinch but I found out they are not for every guitar. I have spent quite a bit on some tuners this week. Most are Korgs and I received this one today. It is pretty cool and really is probably one of the fancier ones if not the fanciest one I have ever had. Here is a pic of it. Also a link of a guy demoing one on youtube. I do not think they make this one any more but I found a like new one on reverb. Never had a polyphonic style tuner before. The only thing this one does not have is an external mic. But I can live with that.

post-34885-077658200 1490225957_thumb.jpg

My buddy / duo partner has one just like that,, he's had it for a while. swears by it..

I think the clip ons are fine in like 99% of situations, I've never had a guitar they "don't" work on. the last one I picked up was a Fishman that came with the bundle I bought with the Fishman Loudbx Artist.

I have a snark super tight which I like a lot, and some of the planet waves NS tuners.

They all work fine, the snark and fishman are the easiest to deal with, the Planet Waves clip is nice in that it's discrete but just not a great design. They tend to fall off and bounce any where. I've almost lost a few that way..

Good idea anyway to take them off after tuning so the nitro doesn't have time to react to the rubber... the Fishman and Snark are just a lot easier to deal with. When I really NEED accuracy, (doing intonation) my ancient peterson vs-1 is the go to tuner.

I've got the Snark tuneras well. It was fairly inexpensive but does a decent enough job for a quick tune. I have an old tuner from back in the late 80's or early 90's that works pretty well for precision tuning. The brand and model escapes me at the moment.

That one looks pretty awesome and accurate.

Archived