Gibson Brands Forums

Which 2010 LP is This

Guest myonlybliss

Guest myonlybliss

So, I recently bought a Mint Condition 2010 LP Studio. But, I can't seem to get a satisfactory answer, even from Gibson on exactly what this is. The seller couldn't remember, and didn't have his paperwork anymore! smh.

Definitely a 2010 Studio, but discrepancies on whether:

1) mahogany or maple top

2) neck - specs say 60's but it feels "rounded" to me - not extremely chunky but not thin like my 2015 epi lp plustop pro

3) pickups - 498T/490R or Burstbuckers

I am including pictures - if you can tell by looking whether this is definitely the "satin" model vs the "mahogany" model, maple cap, etc..

** Serial Number: 102801350

3 Pictures Below, of the Guitar:

My link

My link

My link

1) mahogany or maple top

that top looks like hog. The grain doesn't look like maple at all to me.

2) neck - specs say 60's but it feels "rounded" to me - not extremely chunky but not thin like my 2015 epi lp plustop pro

Gibson necks are not consistent, and never have been. They're mostly hand shaped/sanded, 10 guitars will most likely have 10 similar but slightly different neck profiles,

Epi's are more consistent probably due to the fact they are CNC'd at just about every step of the build

3) pickups - 498T/490R or Burstbuckers

2010, my hunch would be burstbuckers,.. but I guess the only way to be sure is pull one to look for any identification markings.

Guest myonlybliss

kidblast - Thanks for taking a look.

The Gibson representative told me the guitar is this one --> My link

My guitar does indeed, look exactly like the one on that Gibson page. But, Oddly enough the specs he sent to me via email, do not agree with the website.

If you'll notice, it has a NOTE near the top that says: "4/2011: Top species changed from mahogany to maple." Does this mean they corrected their printed mistake in 4/2011 or does that mean the top was mahogany and they changed it in 4/2011 to maple? My guitar was manufactured in early 2010 which supports your observation of it being mahogany.

Can you tell by looking at the fretboard? Website says Baked Maple. (Gibson rep says Rosewood).

Thanks!!

Archived