Gibson Brands Forums

ID new LP purchase

Guest Rick Park

Guest Rick Park

Recently purchased a Les Paul after years with PRS and Ernie Ball, and am looking forward to gigging a Gibson again. I'd appreciate anything you experts can share on SN 117630633.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guest Rick Park

Read the sticky, sorry I neglected that first! I believe it to be a 2013 Standard based on the headstock stamp, and has a quilted burst finish. Grover tuners, black case, white interior. Hope that helps.

Hello.. we really need pictures to find out what it is.. The case and serial number don't really tell us anything but the year of manufacture (and the case tells us nothing).

HOWEVER... In 2013 the Standard came with a crazy amount of options including quilt and Koa tops.

Check this

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

(oh and if you want to post pics (and we always like pics), upload them to http://www.photobucket.com , once uploaded there copy the IMG link it gives you directly in to your post)

Guest Rick Park

Hello.. we really need pictures to find out what it is.. The case and serial number don't really tell us anything but the year of manufacture (and the case tells us nothing).

HOWEVER... In 2013 the Standard came with a crazy amount of options including quilt and Koa tops.

Check this

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

(oh and if you want to post pics (and we always like pics), upload them to http://www.photobucket.com , once uploaded there copy the IMG link it gives you directly in to your post)

s-l1600_zpscnb3u5wi.jpg

s-l1600_zps7haaej9z.jpg

IMG_0281_zps1fbprwr7.jpg

s-l1600_zps0tzy2roa.jpg

Hope that helps!

Guest Rick Park

s-l1600_zpscnb3u5wi.jpg

s-l1600_zps7haaej9z.jpg

IMG_0281_zps1fbprwr7.jpg

s-l1600_zps0tzy2roa.jpg

Hope that helps!

Other info:

Locking Grover tuners

Push/Pull pots on all volume/tone

Binding on body is even all around (not wide in the cutaway like some older ones were)

In generally great shape, workmanship is good, nothing giving the "Chibson" vibe at all.

Holy moly... that is one outrageous top you have...

Well I will still say its what I said.. A 2013 Standard with the added upgrade of a quilted top... All the specs seem the same... Does your one have push pull pots and a slim neck?

If you want to be sure, email Gibson Customer Service (they don't come on here much) with the serial number and those pictures.. They should be able to confirm all of that. But it looks legit to me.

Also under the pickups they usually have some serial codes which will also help. But I reckon what I said is a pretty safe bet. Just make sure that anyone who watches you play it wears sunglasses... That top is crazy it could blind someone under certain lighting conditions :)

Guest Rick Park

Holy moly... that is one outrageous top you have...

Well I will still say its what I said.. A 2013 Standard with the added upgrade of a quilted top... All the specs seem the same... Does your one have push pull pots and a slim neck?

If you want to be sure, email Gibson Customer Service (they don't come on here much) with the serial number and those pictures.. They should be able to confirm all of that. But it looks legit to me.

Also under the pickups they usually have some serial codes which will also help. But I reckon what I said is a pretty safe bet. Just make sure that anyone who watches you play it wears sunglasses... That top is crazy it could blind someone under certain lighting conditions :)

Thanks Rabs! Yeah, the top knocked me out when I saw it. It does have the push/pull pots and gets a crazy amount of sound options for a Les Paul. Once I had it in my hands I felt much more sure it was genuine, although I haven't seen many quite ones (most are flamed in AA or so maple). This is outstanding edge to edge quilted, something Gibson hasn't always done well. Certainly did a great job here though. Need to set it up for my preferences, but seems a great playing and sounding guitar.

I did contact Gibson and sent them some pics also to see if they can give the final word on it. I appreciate your input!

Guest Rick Park

Thanks to all! Gibson Customer Service has confirmed it as a 2013 LP Standard quilt top in Desert Burst finish, made in Nashville, TN. I felt sure of the guitar and seller, but it is always a comforting extra to have Gibson's confirmation that all the numbers and pictures agree. I got some time on it last night, and it is an incredible guitar that sounds fantastic. A happy LP owner here!

Thanks to all! Gibson Customer Service has confirmed it as a 2013 LP Standard quilt top in Desert Burst finish, made in Nashville, TN. I felt sure of the guitar and seller, but it is always a comforting extra to have Gibson's confirmation that all the numbers and pictures agree. I got some time on it last night, and it is an incredible guitar that sounds fantastic. A happy LP owner here!

That's good to hear.. Thanks for letting us know :)

A guitar like that will last you a lifetime you treat her right. Enjoy [thumbup]

Archived