Gibson Brands Forums

Chuck Berry - Big Boys

Rabs

So, I listened to the song. Yes, it sounds like a modified version of Johnny B. Goode or Roll Over Beethoven, but at least he stuck to his roots. The song has some great guitar that you don't hear too much anymore. I mean, when is the last time you heard a newly released song on the radio with that guitar intro? Nothing new, but pure Chuck Berry...

So, I listened to the song. Yes, it sounds like a modified version of Johnny B. Goode or Roll Over Beethoven, but at least he stuck to his roots. The song has some great guitar that you don't hear too much anymore. I mean, when is the last time you heard a newly released song on the radio with that guitar intro? Nothing new, but pure Chuck Berry...

Yeah that's what I thought too... At first I thought it was a joke track and someone had just uploaded an old song to get the hits... But hey.. I don't care if hes used the same riff again.. I mean damn, he earned it if anyone has. Its still a cool tune.

It sounds like all Chuck Berry songs - which is what I expected. I hope he makes some $ off it for his estate. Surely he will with his recent death. Unfortunately Johnnie Johnson still ain't gettin' any of it. :rolleyes:

Shortly after "Johnny B. Goode" was sent into space on the Voyager, one Steve Martin, hosting Saturday Night Live, said during his opening monologue something to the effect of "We've heard from outer space. They said send more Chuck Berry". Yes, it all sounds familiar, but it's who and what Chuck was/is/will forever be. Now let's fill the "coolerator" and get to "motorvatin", and playing double stops. [flapper]

Archived