Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

johntrem

I've never done a NGD post on any forum but Sunday afternoon I went to a guitar show with my best friend and his girlfriend (my wife politely declined to attend) and near the end of the show my friend and I were intensely engaged in conversation when someone from the show approached us and said "Sure you don't want to take part in the drawing?" I honestly don't recall if he said what was being raffled, my friend and I were concentrating on what we were talking about and we both declined. A few minutes later my friend's girlfriend said "Hey, they're giving away a guitar, put your names in." So for the hell of it we did. Imagine my surprise when they called my name. So I took home a black Les Paul Special II. I already own 18 guitars, 19 if you count the 70's Japanese electric that's in pieces, so the little Epi was a welcome addition to the herd. I realize that the Special II is Epiphone's lowest priced electric and their budget/student model but I was quite delighted with the sound of this thing. Strong pickups with a lot of clarity and sustain. It's a joy to play, very nice neck. I may have just discovered my new couch guitar. I'm a happy guy and seeing that I never win anything, a lucky one as well. I owe my pal's girlfriend a second thanks for talking us into entering the drawing. Thanks Denise.

Archived