Gibson Brands Forums

Why cant it be simple!?.. (aka ..REALLY Graph tech?)

Remellick

I know there are many brand names of new and used guitars in the world but IF I made and sold parts for acoustic guitars (for instance) I would KNOW what guitars my product or products fit!

I called Graph Tech prior to punching in my debit digits on amazon, trusting the companys technical support, expecting I would get the correct part numbers for the specific tusq nut, tusq compensated saddle and tusq bridge pins for my AJ200/e vs.

Boy was I wrong!.. The saddle And pins were wrong... all too small. I haven't received the nut yet as it came in the mail delivery after I left for work today BUT my expectations are extremely low I assure you!

So.. I have an AJ200/e Epiphone as I stated, I do not want abs/plastic parts because if I did I have the original plastic parts and could use them if that was the case. I want a NEW exact fitting compensated saddle and NEW exact fitting bridge pins (white with black dots). I pray tech. support got the nut correct!

Why can't it be simple?

The sad reality is that most places customer service is extremely unreliable, or hit and miss at best. Not to sound like someone's old uncle, but there was a time when you could get good service from companies. There are companies today that give outstanding service on a consistent basis (Sweetwater immediately comes to mind) and those are the ones that get my business.

I purchased a D-41 (no small purchase) from a Ebay vendor (not Sweetwater btw) because they accepted my old Martin in trade last year. It took awhile but they finally provided me with a written receipt, it literally looked like something a third-grader would produce. Last time I ever consider doing business with them.

You can't get exact fitting compensated saddles for guitars that cost 10 times that thing, a saddle takes work and knowledge to put in right.

Bridge pins almost always need to be fitted to the holes in the guitar, no matter what kind of guitar it is. Bridge pins that fit without one or two of them needing some sanding are a rarity, except for getting Colosi or someone like that to make them for you.

rct

I agree with degradation of customer service in this modern day. And to my other reply, I'm not sure what "thing" you're referring to but I never said anything about price or cost being a factor. Believe me I am well aware of the limitations of over the counter (or worse.. internet) purchases. I wasnt expecting a pricey custom upgrade just the product the company tech assured me was the exact fit for my brand and model guitar..to FIT.

Really my point I guess is a "pie in the sky" wish that a list or cross reference guide for fittment of products for more common U.S. and Asian guitars. Maybe like this forum have specifically Epiphone parts forum/list/or whatever.

That "thing" is an Epiphone. They are made in as many different factories as there are models. There are no reliable part suppliers for them. Custom cut and fitted saddles and custom cut bridge pins would cost more than the guitar. Sure, have some expectations of suppliers, I agree. But also keep your expectations in line with what you are working on or dealing with.

Good luck with it.

rct

Archived