Gibson Brands Forums

trivial annoying things online when you have an interest in guitars.

Adam M

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who constantly moan about the quality of Gibson's guitars. Yes like anything I'm sure an odd one gets through, but if you look on AGF or You Tube you'd wonder how Gibson have managed to stay in business all those years, the fact that they have says it all really.

Ian

Reviewers that waffle & repeat themselves.

There was one where Scott Grove said 'ok, Im gonna finish now' but you can see the vid still had another 10 minutes to run...

Hate to keep adding a thread I started but that reminds me of another thing when you watch a video to learn a new lick or perhaps some sort of scale you are keen to learn. The person demoing starts going off track and adding all these other flash licks into it that they don't teach you.

Hate to keep adding a thread I started but that reminds me of another thing when you watch a video to learn a new lick or perhaps some sort of scale you are keen to learn. The person demoing starts going off track and adding all these other flash licks into it that they don't teach you.

And, funnier yet is when you view an instructional video demonstrating a song or parts of a song or solo and they play it wrong.

Guest Farnsbarns

Reviewers that waffle & repeat themselves.

There was one where Scott Grove said 'ok, Im gonna finish now' but you can see the vid still had another 10 minutes to run...

Scott grove hasn't said 10 minutes of anything worth hearing in his entire life.

The Gibson Forum search engine. I find more relevant posts specific to my searches on this forum by using Bing.

I found an old one tonight this way that should have come up my first day on here.

Sites where you put in a model number or name and have to wade through 3 pages of crap to find the first item belonging within the requested parameters.

Sites that don't load completely until the crummy little video you didn't want watch begins to play.

Things that don't sound quite right that guitar players say or claim i.e.

The guitar doesn't stay in tune so I'm going to change the strings... :-k

The quality of Gibson guitars has really gone down. The head stock on my bran new $2000 plus guitar broke off and it only fell once...:-k

The sustain is much better with a long neck tenon...:-k

The sustain is much better with the tail piece all the way down...:-k

Using the word mojo like it's something that really exists... [-o<

Archived