Gibson Brands Forums

Quick look at my 1969 Les Paul Bass recording

G0ldrush1958

Mine is a far cry from light, but I've seen a few that were unbelievably heavy. My first Les Paul Triumph bass had a few issues, I was trying to locate one in better shape. I located this one about a five hour drive away. It ended up being the original version, (like yours) I bought it anyway. Starting with that bass, over many years, I ended up with the three guitars & the amp that was introduced at the same time.

OrigLowImp2_zps4e0d3ddd.jpg

Mine came with sort of an unusual case, it has a fancy crinkled lining. Is yours like this? Most other cases from this era have yellow lining.

LPBassCase_zpsimyzjldu.jpg

My original case has been refurbished by a professional, before It was the same color of yours. The guy stripe the case to bare wood inside and outside. The Gibson LOGO has been hand painted with ceramic paint, good for life, Lining and cushion are new. The bass fits better now :) IT's tight in!!! But something I would like to get is the Gibson amp LP1 and LP2 you are a lucky guy to have one, they are very hard to find and so expensive too. By the way I'm very happy to communicate with a bassman that have the same passion for Gibson Les paul bass.

p1030110.jpgp1030114.jpgp1030115.jpgp1030111.jpg

p1030113.jpg

Nice job restoring the case!

A LP-12 just popped up on eBay, http://www.ebay.com/...RcAAOSw32lYxF4r

This is the first one I've seen in a long time with the exception of one that they have been trying to sell for years for $2,000.00.

Bad news they may not ship to canada :(

I forgot to tell about the outside finish of the case IT painted with EZ truck bed lining paint and brush with steel wool to give the antique finish. The cover case lcontour has been changed with real wood instead of the original carboard sewing.

Bad news they may not ship to canada :(

I forgot to tell about the outside finish of the case IT painted with EZ truck bed lining paint and brush with steel wool to give the antique finish. The cover case lcontour has been changed with real wood instead of the original carboard sewing.

These cases are an odd size. A bit bigger than any other Les Paul case. I don't recall a Gibson logo on any of mine from this era. My Les Paul Triumph bass case does have the logo.

Archived