Gibson Brands Forums

No Surrender, Springsteen Cover

Mr. Paul

I posted an earlier version of this on AGF yesterday. I redid it this morning using my J45. I wanted to try recording a new guitar, but this sounds so much better [cool]

Is there a better way to share a Soundcloud file than just posting a link like this?

What a terrific cover! Very well done, with great playing and singing. Your recording quality is also outstanding. How was this recorded?

I'm a huge Springsteen fan, and this song has always been a favorite of mine. As a rule I tend to favor the more acoustic side of Bruce. Nebraska is my favorite album. Hence, I have always prefered this version of the song, to the more rocking BitUSA-version.

Thanks for posting!

Lars

By the way, posting a link to Soundcloud works perfectly

Yeah, this is nicely done. Sweet rendition. You do it justice. I totally agree that the acoustic sound is what I prefer on this tune. And the J45 sounds great. Nice fingerpicking with it...........Regarding SoundCloud, I think you're doing it the right way. The site is a decent platform for putting some of your songs out there, but stick with the "free version."

What a terrific cover! Very well done, with great playing and singing. Your recording quality is also outstanding. How was this recorded?

I'm a huge Springsteen fan, and this song has always been a favorite of mine. As a rule I tend to favor the more acoustic side of Bruce. Nebraska is my favorite album. Hence, I have always prefered this version of the song, to the more rocking BitUSA-version.

Thanks for posting!

Lars

By the way, posting a link to Soundcloud works perfectly

Thanks folks. I had a hard time deciding between learning this one or This Hard Land. So many great songs.

Lars, this was recorded with a couple of MXL large condenser mics -> Focusrite Scarlett -> Reaper. The guitar mic was pointed at the bridge, 12 - 15" away.

Archived