Gibson Brands Forums: Super Portable Small Venue Setup - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Super Portable Small Venue Setup Light, simple equipment requirements for playing in small venues

#1 User is offline   G2Brew 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Hi all, I'm new here. Just retired from the Army after 28 years, and now I have time to play again. I did lots of open mics (vocals and guitar) and some coffee shop gigs back in college. I want to get back into it just for the love of it. I'm currently working an epi Les Paul standard, and I'm planning on buying a Joe Pass soon. I've been 100% acoustic until very recently, and the used amp I bought for practice is crap, so I'm a total noob on amps. As a vocal+guitar solo act (I use an RC-3 loop pedal so I can play some lead over my own rhythms on the bridge and some descants on the verses) I assumed I'd need to get a 2 channel PA and mic a separate guitar amp through the PA. Some great folks over on the Jazz Guitar Chat forum gave me some tips for single combo amps that can do both. Recommendations included: Acoustic Image Clarus 2R, the Henriksen Bud, and possibly Quilter amps. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? How about where to buy it? I've looked at GC, MF, and Sweetwater, but no got no love.

#2 User is offline   poopcicle 

• String Tickler
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

http://www.zzounds.c...tem--FEN2313600

the new ones are not the same, this is one of the few older models and they are nice. all depends on budget and power/speaker needs!
Epiphone
2010 Ib64 Texan Ft79an,2011 Les Paul A/E Concert Ukulele, EP-1, Acoustic Regent 30, Valve Jr. 5 watt head
Gibson
50th Anniversary Tweedy Sg Blue Mist
2016 Special T Ebony Mini Hum Sg
2016 Standard T p90 Sg Cherry
2017 Special zebra Vs Sg
Jet City Amplification
JCA20h 20w Head, JCA12s 1x12 Cab, JCA 12s+ 112 Cab
Earthquaker Devices
Hummingbird Trem, Dispatch Master verb/delay,Palisades Mega Drive, Grand Orbiter Phaser v2, Sea Machine Chorus, Night Wire Harmonic Trem, Erupter Fuzz, Spatial Delivery, Erupter Fuzz
Vox
Ac4c1-12
Matthews Effects
Astronomer
Voo Doo Labs
Pedal Power2
Walrus Audio
Ironhorse Distortion,Jupiter Fuzz, Transit1 true bypass loop
Solidgold Fx
Zeta Drive OD, 2 x Buffer
Pedaltrain
Pedal Train jr