Gibson Brands Forums

Help about Les Paul Traditional 2014

Antonio C

Hello, I can't find information about 120th Anniversary Les Paul Traditional model, it has a 120 logo on fretboard but the body colour seems to be different from that model, attached a picture, but I don't understand the model number on the Gibson Certificate, can you help me ?

Thanks

post-84242-025408400 1490903336_thumb.jpg

post-84242-028445900 1490903415_thumb.jpg

All 2014 Gibson LPs (with a few rare exceptions) have the 120th Anny logo at the 12th fret. It doesn't meant that it's any special "anniversary" model specifically.

There was special 2014 120th Anny Traditional Flame Top that could be had with a super flamey top. But your guitar doesn't look like one of those. It looks like a regular 2014 LP Traditional.

And according to to the model number it's a Honey Burst (in 2014 the Honey Bursts were indeed darker and can appear somewhat reddish in pics, but more brownish in person). Google "gibson lptd14hych1" and you'll find all kinds of references to 2014 Trads in Honey Burst.

That's why it looks different from the 2014 120th Anny Trad Flame Top (which was only available in Heritage Cherry)... because it's not one of those. It's a regular 2014 Honey Burst Trad.

It does look far too red for a HoneyBurst. But neither does it look red enough for a regular HCSB. Nor does it look like an Iced Tea; a Bourbon Burst; a Sunrise Tea Burst......

Perhaps there's a paint code in a p'up cavity?

Does it really matter? I'm not sure of the point of confusion here. It seems to ba a regular run-of-the-mill 2014 Trad "in a tasteful 'burst". What else does the OP want to know?

eusa_think.gif

It's been a long day. I might have missed something really important. I'll check in again tomorrow....

Pip.

I *almost* bought a 2014 Trad in Honey Burst about a year and a half ago. One of the things I liked about it was that it had an ever so slight reddish tint to it in the right light (and especially when pics were taken of it)... this is 2014 Honey Burst... no doubt about it.

Archived