Gibson Brands Forums

Zoom Q2N Test - Dion and the Bellmonts

MorrisrownSal

I bought this little unit to record gigs. It has decent video, is compact, but really shines in its audio quality. It has one drawback. It eats batteries. If you get this get the zoom power source.

I heard about these after watching a youtube dude... Josh Turner, who gets amazing recordings from zoom products.

This is done last night in my home office/guitar room, with my friend Mike:

I bought this little unit to record gigs. It has decent video, is compact, but really shines in its audio quality. It has one drawback. It eats batteries. If you get this get the zoom power source.

I heard about these after watching a youtube dude... Josh Turner, who gets amazing recordings from zoom products.

This is done last night in my home office/guitar room, with my friend Mike:

What a beautiful tune, first time hearing it I loved it. The aperture on that camera is a bit weak, but the audio is outstanding, clean and clear as a bell. Great job guys.

Thanks George

Sorry Sal , I probably shouldn't have added me to your vanity thread

I agree with nick , nice pad you've got.

Ha Grunt... No Vanity. We all love music and our Gibsons.

I will let you all know how the Q2n works in a bar. I am specifically worried it will pick up too much talking...

Good together, Sal! I'm hoping to find a good second to gig with. The audio is quite good for across the room, but you might be right.......a noisy joint is a different animal when it comes to recording a performance. But it's certainly worth giving it a go.

Well done! [thumbup]

.......bite the bullet and marry that Edwina...

Well please don't take my experience with the mic as gospel for your situation. It is a terrific microphone, sounds great, very natural and works very well for me here at the house at pretty loud volumes, but it is yet to be tested in a live setting. I do expect it will work quite well but the proof is in the pudding. I will tell you that it does not work well at club volume with the amplifier behind the mic.......it is a very sensitive device and is subject to feedback with the sound source behind. With the amp just below, it works well and for my purposes such a setup allows for more than adequate monitoring of voice and guitar from the combo amp. I would hate for you to spend the money to land the Edwina and then discover it doesn't function well for your purposes.........it could be an expensive error.

Ha Grunt... No Vanity. We all love music and our Gibsons.

I will let you all know how the Q2n works in a bar. I am specifically worried it will pick up too much talking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NIh_fyI5TU&

This is really nice song, Springsteen wrote it for his wife. Good versions guys. I recorded this some time ago but I hear it differently, you may like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc21Ver9tDk

Archived