Gibson Brands Forums

The other EF500PNS

Cougar

I notice up on reverb is a 2003 EF500PNS Masterbilt, which is a 'prototype' solid maple back and sides EF model. I had its twin for a while, which was numbered a couple ahead of this one. (I have no association with this seller.) Mine was also in dead mint condition. They never made any more after those two, to my knowledge, though they had a great run of DR's, EF's, and AJ's through 2011. (I'm keeping the EF500RAVS.) This maple EF is priced rather high, but they've reduced the price once, and they may be receptive to reasonable offers. eusa_think.gif

uccwqjkhdbe5p19b2fh5.jpg

I notice up on reverb is a 2003 EF500PNS Masterbilt, which is a 'prototype' solid maple back and sides EF model. I had its twin for a while, which was numbered a couple ahead of this one. (I have no association with this seller.) Mine was also in dead mint condition. They never made any more after those two, to my knowledge, though they had a great run of DR's, EF's, and AJ's through 2011. (I'm keeping the EF500RAVS.) This maple EF is priced rather high, but they've reduced the price once, and they may be receptive to reasonable offers. eusa_think.gif

uccwqjkhdbe5p19b2fh5.jpg

I wonder if it's this guys

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4882008&postcount=32

I wonder if it's this guys...

No, that was mine, haha. Sold it some months ago (keeping the RAVS). The one now on reverb was apparently owned by dannyelectro who posted on this board about picking it up 3 years ago. I guess he hasn't been around here much lately. It's now being sold by a fairly big-time reverb seller with good ratings out of South Carolina....

• 2 weeks later...
I saw that one listed and wondered how many others were out there?

I've never seen one other than the two mentioned on these boards.

...but I need another guitar like I need a hole in my head...

I still like looking, but I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got. In fact, I've got to unload a few more Epi's that aren't getting played.

Archived