Gibson Brands Forums

Spanish Guitar piece + Video

merciful-evans

Very nice, you may want to change the name to Flamenco though... Flamingo is a bird and Flamenco is a type of traditional Spanish music...

Correct, Dave, but they do have the same etymology - both being derived from a latinesque form for 'Flame' - and it needs to be said; Flamenco dancers and Flamingos both strut in a remarkably similar fashion...

msp_biggrin.gif

M-E! If you have any more compositions in the same vein where might I find/hear them?

Pip.

Correct, Dave, but they do have the same etymology - both being derived from a latinesque form for 'Flame' - and it needs to be said; Flamenco dancers and Flamingos both strut in a remarkably similar fashion...

msp_biggrin.gif

M-E! If you have any more compositions in the same vein where might I find/hear them?

Pip.

Dave-In-Spain & Pip,

When the video was made I considered using a 'Rain' title but the Flamingo handle has been there for so many years, I couldn't change it.

Now the music is neither Flamenco nor Classical, but it sounds like it. So... its called Flamingo because the word sounds like Flamenco. Sorry to burden you with with my tangled reasoning, but the subject was raised.

Pip. I have nothing else in this vein. A couple of (steel strung) acoustic guitar instrumentals. Some song accompaniments with Spanish guitar.

Thank you for the interest & asking though. Thats a fine compliment :)

Dave-In-Spain & Pip,

Now the music is neither Flamenco nor Classical, but it sounds like it. So... its called Flamingo because the word sounds like Flamenco. Sorry to burden you with with my tangled reasoning, but the subject was raised.

Regardless of what you name it, it is a lovely piece… I just mentioned the difference between the two words because English speaking people often confuse them, including myself before I learned the language. A Spaniard, not knowing your reasoning, would think you made a mistake but who cares… Pippy made a good point as well in that the words have roots in origin. Once a gain, a lovely piece!!

Archived