Gibson Brands Forums

New From ABQ

AngelDeVille

I'm a regular on the Telecaster forums, and since my Gibson/Epiphone collection is growing I may as well jump into the deep end of the pool.

Years ago I traded off my beloved 61' reissue to a friend, and it's the only guitar that I truly miss.

I stopped playing for about 15 years after that, but only kept 2 acoustics and one electric.

In the last 5-6 months I started playing again, and the collection is growing.

I started with getting a few Telecasters, and I'm going to trim down to two, 1. a modern player? Triple (3 nocaster bridge pickups)I added a bigsby and I'll be removing the middle pickup. 2. I also have an Avril Lavigne model that I added a tone knob, upgraded the pots, and removed the switch. I have an 80's Jackson J90C pickup in it now, but I think it will go away in favor of a Dimarzio DP-100 this weekend.

I fell in love with an Epiphone Wildkat and got a sweet deal on it a couple months ago. I changed the wiring and replaced the chrome pickup covers with black plastic, and she woke up nicely. (already has a bigsby)

A few weeks ago I got a killer deal on a 2004 V, with a pair of 57 classics which I promptly added a bigsby to.

I'm stopping by UPS on the way home to pick up my Bonamossa Gold Firebird I. ( not sure if I'll add a bigsby)

Tuesday FedEx delivers my 2017 Pelham Blue SG. (I will be adding a bigsby)

My acoustics are a 1998 J-45, and a 1964 Epiphone Bard 12 string. (no bigsbys) I will be adding a LPB Fender Sonoran to the mix soon.

I think I'm good for guitars for now.

Amps, I have a heavily modified Blues JR with twin English Celestions, and a Valco/Gretsch 6156 Playboy.

Pedals Joyo vintage overdrive.... that is all...

Welcome to the forums. May you enjoy many more years of playing guitar. Nice collection and hopefully we'll see pictures some time! I think many of us use Photobucket to host pictures and then link them here.

Archived