Gibson Brands Forums

Natofrogman

Greetings from Staffordshire, England. Thank you for accepting me !!

I've been playing a 2016 studio, wine red with gold hardware which I love but have just upgraded to a 2017 standard hp in blueberry burst.

I know there's been a lot of divided opinions on it and wanted to find out what people's thoughts are. I really like the modern twist & she looks stunning but I understand it's not for everyone.

All comments welcome.

Thank you :)

Welcome to the group NFM.

"I know there's been a lot of divided opinions on it, All comments welcome.

Thank you :)"

My personal opinion is that I prefer posts that include pictures of the guitar.

Other than that,

Rawk it like you love it! [thumbup]

What I've seen is that some people have had issues, particularly with the Blueberry burst. I was tempted to get the HP Les Paul as well but went with a 2017 Standard T bourbon burst, mostly because I didn't like the silver knobs and pickup rings. I did love the neck and high fret access though, the sound of the guitar and the automatic tuner is an interesting idea. I can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your guitar and how you're liking it. Welcome to the forums.

You buy a guitar because You love it. Not because of someone else. Who cares what others think, there not playing it. I'd still love to see it. Actually there's a unofficial rule here, pictures or it didn't happen. Folks here love to see newbys guitars. msp_thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all. Sorry for the late reply. I was having problems putting pics on and when I managed it I didn't realise I'd put two threads on (pictures are on the other one) I'll put them on this one over the weekend. Weirdly on the same settings as my studio the standard is in a totally different league and I mean it absolutely excels. The g force is fast, accurate and just makes life a little easier......especially as I'm a tonal buffoon. I didn't like all the chrome bling so I've changed the volume/tone knobs and 3 way switch to mother of pear. I've ordered some mother of pearl tuner buttons and am thinking of changing the truss rod cover to (you guessed it) mop. In the end it'll either look stunning or something That belongs in Frankensteins laboratory. keep it turned up to 11 guys and always, always rock out with your cock out !!!

Archived