Gibson Brands Forums

new arrival. 2016 Les Paul Junior

Adam M

Gibson LP Junior 2016 Limited Proprietary Vintage Sunburst

arrived this morning absolutely love it. finally have a gibson les paul junior. couldn't find any info on it on the gibson site.

here are some specs I found.

The Gibson USA LP Junior Limited Proprietary with complete vintage correct specs.

Mahogany body

Mahogany neck

Neck wide topnut 1.69 inch 42.9 mm

Neck thickness topnut 0.81 inch 20.74 mm

Wide 12e fret 2.06 inch 52.35 mm

Thickness 12e fret 0.89 inch 22.64 mm

Vintage white plastic tuner knobs

P90 pickup

1st up next to my epiphone.

IMG_6565.jpg

IMG_6563.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6559.jpg

IMG_6558.jpg

That's a stunner you got there. Hope you enjoy that one for a long time. I am impatiently waiting on Gibson to do one of these in t.v. yellow so I can check this guitar off my "must aquire list". About your comment on finding no info on gibsons site. I bought a proprietary explorer from AMS last year and while trying to research it all I could find was info from overseas in Italy and Japan. AMS was/is the only U.S. based dealer selling them. Seems like Gibson may be testing the waters by introducing these models overseas and in "limited runs" to see how they sell.

Congrats - looks really sweet.

I often wondered about tuning stability on the Jrs, with no bridge and intonation adjustment, looks like it is just top wrapped over the stop bar and that is it. Is intonation ever a problem?

Congrats - looks really sweet.

I often wondered about tuning stability on the Jrs, with no bridge and intonation adjustment, looks like it is just top wrapped over the stop bar and that is it. Is intonation ever a problem?

It will be interesting. I was a amazed how well up it was when it arrived probably the best I've seen when receiving a new guitar. I'm scared to change the strings! :) Intonation is currently spot on but let's see how it goes. I know it has those little adjustable screws so I'll have to learn how to use those.

Also it stays in tune really well. My Les Paul studio tended to go out of tune a little especially with the G string but the junior really stays in tune so far. I can't put it down.

That's a stunner you got there. Hope you enjoy that one for a long time. I am impatiently waiting on Gibson to do one of these in t.v. yellow so I can check this guitar off my "must aquire list". About your comment on finding no info on gibsons site. I bought a proprietary explorer from AMS last year and while trying to research it all I could find was info from overseas in Italy and Japan. AMS was/is the only U.S. based dealer selling them. Seems like Gibson may be testing the waters by introducing these models overseas and in "limited runs" to see how they sell.

yep I really want a TV yellow one. I passed on the 2015 model. I wanted one one with the button tuners (which I could have easily swapped) but didn't want the Les Paul 100 logo on it.

Next time one comes available I will have to snap it up. Especially if they do a double cut version.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived