Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting idea

surfpup

I agree it is interesting not sure I totally understand the whole harmonics thing but it is interesting.

Fixed frets are always a compromise. Some of the wavy fret guitars supposedly fix this problem. I notice it mostly when playing open chords. This seems a pretty simple solution. Though I don't know where you find the stick on fret wire.

It would be a very interesting idea if humans had strobe tuners for heads. But we don't.

rct

Yeah, our ears are very used to the slight compromises contained in the equal temperament. But, man, those perfectly intoned old school intervals sound so sweet.

Yeah, our ears are very used to the slight compromises contained in the equal temperament. But, man, those perfectly intoned old school intervals sound so sweet.

The Oldlaws will have juicy sweet three part vocals that I will gladly arrange.

rct

Interesting..........yes!.........however, does this mean that anything, recorded or otherwise up until 2017 must now be burned and deemed unfit for human ears ? ...perhaps we have a tendency to overthink things.

I learned about this when I joined the Fiddle Forum (I was learning violin).

In Vinyl Frontiers, the jazz band I played in last year, the trumpet player told me about how early trumpet players carried around a kit of tubes to modify the trumpet when playing in different keys. It was for this reason.

It seems weird but no fretted instrument plays in tune in all keys. Same goes for keyboards, though an electric keyboard could be made to intonate properly.

Guitars are good enough for rock n roll.

The Oldlaws will have juicy sweet three part vocals that I will gladly arrange.

rct

Three part rules. I can usually sing a harmony once I hear it. [thumbup] Occasionally I can even whip one up on my own.

Archived