Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Guitar God

Have a birthday coming up on the 13th and my dad ordered this for me for an early birthday gift. Had my eye on this on Reverb.com for a good while. It was listed for a hair over a year. It is a 1999 Martin DXMAE acoustic electric. USA made model. Not Mexican made like these models are today. I have always wanted a Martin for as long as I can remember. Been much since I started playing, so I finally got one. [biggrin] $400 plus shipping. Pretty great deal for a USA Martin is you ask me regardless of the model.It plays and sounds wonderful as any Martin.Feels really great. Does need new strings, which I have ready to go for it. I think the electronics may be a passive system, because I didn't see a battery compartment, but I'll look when I restring it. Though, I don't have an acoustic amp, I did plug it up briefly to my Fender Hot Rod DeVille on the clean side just to make sure the electronics work and they do. It in wonderful shape. Mint with the exception a couple extremely minor scuffs that you wouldn't notice if it wasn't pointed out. Very happy with this guitar! Anyway, here is a pic.

E1S1CSG.jpg

Congratulations - better watch it, Martins can be hazardous to your bank account.

Thanks! I know, haha. But this one is a 1999 USA DXM acoustic/electric. Before they started making this particular series in Mexico. I think I did well for a $400 made in USA Martin. Everything is straight up on it, too. [biggrin]

What RCT means is that soon you'll be collecting Martins.

Worse things could happen.

P.S.

If you get a chance, take the factory tour in Nazareth, PA. It's a lot of fun.

Oh, ok. That would be cool. I assume you have been? How was it other than fun, haha?

American Martin is always a wise choice.

Yep! Though, I have played Mexican made versions of these before. Mine is a 1999 USA model before they started making the DXM series in Mexico. I would like to compare mine to a Mexican model side by side for a good comparison.

[thumbup] Never heard one of those. I wonder how the high pressure laminated wood compares soundwise to the hardwood models.

Actually sounds really good! The neck is mahogany, though. Since mine is a USA one, I would like to play mine side my side with a Mexican one. Just to see, you know?

Sure thing kid. Everybody thinks they'll be fine with one inexpensive Martin. Let me know how that works out for ya.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Enjoy!

rct

Exactly, I started with one that retailed for 600.00 it has been gone for a while now and I have a couple more that were considerably more but they make fine guitars.

Archived