Gibson Brands Forums

A sad Rock n Roll true story

daveinspain

Great band caught in a really bad contractual deal. Two of the original members ended up suicides I think I recall. Maybe one original and a new guy. Sad story. We do No Matter What every night we are out.

rct

Bad Finger were a great band.....regularly covered today by our local bands...

Also hugely respected by The Beatles....

George Harrison used them on his album 'All Things Must Pass' and as his backing band for the Concert for Bangladesh...........

Paul McCartney wrote 'Come and Get it' for them.....used in the Peter Sellers film 'The Magic Christian'....

V

:-({|=

they were my favorite band in high school. I was still buying their T-shirt in 77 when I found out that Ham had been dead two years and I never heard about it. Prior to internet it was harder to keep up with news of British bands particularly with school, homework. sports, work and stuff. It was a stunner. I thought it felt like a dirty trick or being robbed or fooled. I was waiting on a new album that never showed.

• 2 weeks later...

I always liked Badfinger. read about it all years back. Pete Ham was 1st to go, Tom Evans gave up 10 years or so later. i didn't watch the video. so I'm not sure if there was any new info . I know they were pretty much financially raped by bad contracts and poor management.

Archived