Gibson Brands Forums

I Promised My Wife, "No new guitars in 2017"....

darling67

I almost told mine the same thing, but decided on a different approach. I told her that I would only own 7 guitars. If I wanted a new one, I'd have to sell one. The trick is to have them all the same color, that way she can't track that I've been slowly upgrading what I have. [thumbup]

blonde%20family%20portrait_zpsbexnf6mc.jpg

Sharp-eyed folks will see 8 guitars in this picture, the AJ220 is hers.

I almost told mine the same thing, but decided on a different approach. I told her that I would only own 7 guitars. If I wanted a new one, I'd have to sell one. The trick is to have them all the same color, that way she can't track that I've been slowly upgrading what I have. [thumbup]

Sharp-eyed folks will see 8 guitars in this picture, the AJ220 is hers.

Haha! I was just about to say, "Hey... wait a minute! I see eight guitars there!"

I am out of "expendable" guitars to sell in order to get this Koa Wildkat. But, it's ok..... things tend to have a way of working themselves out. [wink]

Btw, I like how your guitars blend-in with their natural surroundings. Sort of nature's way of keeping them safe. [biggrin]

Okay, in that vein;

I am really liking this Gretsch G2655T in the walnut finish.

MAN what a nice guitar, and only costs 550 bones.

[love]

preview.jpg

. Been eyeing a lefty 2622 for some time but they only come in red and they want $100 for being left handed. I'm offended. Can get a minty one on eBay for about $200 off new with 30 day return. Or could reach out to SW.com and perhaps get $50 knocked off .

Yeah, I "need" another guitar (much less another "Les Paul"), like another hole in my head!

BUT...this one really appeals to me! Especially, since the Gibson version is 10+ times more

expensive, IF/WHEN you can find one!

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Ltd-Ed-Inspired-by-1955-LP-Custom-Outfit.aspx

So, who knows, how long it might be, before I "cave" to my (moderate) lust?! [flapper][biggrin]

CB

I was interested in 'Kat's before I saw this one:

001_zpsb3478fc9.jpg

Then I just knew I HAD to have one! LOL, like I needed another guitar.

The KOA is certainly good looking, buy my experience with gold hardware is that it's a real PITA to keep "new" looking. Kat's are great guitars, though, even though a bit "Gretschy" on the control front.

Buy it and get the wife something nice. You'll both be happy.

Archived