Gibson Brands Forums

We're a Go

AnneS

Weird to find oneself with an iTunes music search, but there I be, and on Amazon.com, too.

"Come See" is officially released- digitally for now, with discs to follow.

This really happened, guys. Pretty excited. 🤓

Congrats and best wishes for success to a great musician,songwriter, and person. I know We already have the soundclouds here.... but provide a link please? I will like to support the effort!

Search iTunes 'Come See Anne Rachel' and the album should come up.

Good Job, Anne ! We knew you when....

So many congratulations with this achievement - a long road traveled to reach such an important and precious point.

Having followed the route the last few years, I almost feel like some of the tunes are familiar.

Won't repeat what I said before, but still think you found the fine line between common roots and your own personal branches.

Lots of competence and weight in this material. Soul, thought, heart, , , , existence. .

Next it'll be interesting to see how the songs change for you now that they're - if not out of the system - then out there in real circulation.

You'll realize and accept they hereby have a life of their own and I predict that will do something to your relation with them.

Well, you/we'll find out what happens, , , on several levels.

What a mark ^ Keep creating

So many congratulations with this achievement - a long road traveled to reach such an important and precious point.

Having followed the route the last few years, I almost feel like some of the tunes are familiar.

Won't repeat what I said before, but still think you found the fine line between common roots and your own personal branches.

Lots of competence and weight in this material. Soul, thought, heart, , , , existence. .

Next it'll be interesting to see how the songs change for you now that they're - if not out of the system - then out there in real circulation.

You'll realize and accept they hereby have a life of their own and I predict that will do something to your relation with them.

Well, you/we'll find out what happens, , , on several levels.

What a mark ^ Keep creating

Thank you for this reflection, Em7...you are both kind and wise. Yes, there is a shift, and it is interesting and not troubling. So many parallels, if only by metaphor, with what it's like having two daughters in college, one graduating next month. What will become of them, and how changes my role (again)? But always, we belong to each other.

There are, as most know, so many layers to a project like this...some talent and skill, but alot of good timing and even better fortune. There were a million delicious decisions, all sprouting from one persistent urge to "just do it."

And on this side of it now, the thing that remains unchanged--perhaps the only thing--is that the Song still matters. It is still the company I keep, the treasure I hold dear.

You guys are the best...thanks for all of it. 🙏

Excellent, Anne! Ain't it a cool feeling to have truly accomplished something that you've longed to do? I'm glad it's gone so well for you, kid. This music stuff is contagious. I think you've got your own personal place and it fits you very well. I've been thinking of ITUNES, but I'd forget to renew each year...lol....the mind is the first thing to go. CDBABY maybe. I'll see. Been prognosticating about it since last November...lol..... BUT, glad to see/hear that you "got on the stick" and jumped onto ITUNES. I find your music very easy-on-the-ears, personal, real, and easy-to-relate-to. [thumbup]

Excellent, Anne! Ain't it a cool feeling to have truly accomplished something that you've longed to do? I'm glad it's gone so well for you, kid. This music stuff is contagious. I think you've got your own personal place and it fits you very well. I've been thinking of ITUNES, but I'd forget to renew each year...lol....the mind is the first thing to go. CDBABY maybe. I'll see. Been prognosticating about it since last November...lol..... BUT, glad to see/hear that you "got on the stick" and jumped onto ITUNES. I find your music very easy-on-the-ears, personal, real, and easy-to-relate-to. [thumbup]

Larry, I did CDBaby Pro; they're doing all the distribution, including Apple/iTunes, Amazon and others, as well as Pandora, Spotify and other streaming services. It sure seems the way to go for this DIY, self-published kid. And, they registered me with ASCAP. So now I'm in a club...

Beware of ASCAP. Not trying to push you away from them. Just make sure your songs belong totally to you and that you can play them anywhere you want, not just at places that pay ASCAP fees. I actually know people who are ASCAP members and can't play their own songs at a venue if the venue does not pay ASCAP fees. I don't know what they agreed to in their ASCAP package, etc........ Plus, they harass businesses all over. I've been there when it happened....and I was the only performer and I was performing my own songs, which ASCAP has nothing to do with. Just my view of ASCAP. Thanks for mentioning CDBABY PRO. I didn't even notice there was a PRO version. ..lol.... I'll look at it if I can avoid the ASCAP part.

Beware of ASCAP. Not trying to push you away from them. Just make sure your songs belong totally to you and that you can play them anywhere you want, not just at places that pay ASCAP fees. I actually know people who are ASCAP members and can't play their own songs at a venue if the venue does not pay ASCAP fees. I don't know what they agreed to in their ASCAP package, etc........ Plus, they harass businesses all over. I've been there when it happened....and I was the only performer and I was performing my own songs, which ASCAP has nothing to do with. Just my view of ASCAP. Thanks for mentioning CDBABY PRO. I didn't even notice there was a PRO version. ..lol.... I'll look at it if I can avoid the ASCAP part.

Well, you gotta be ASCAP or BMI if you want to receive songwriter's royalties (unless you have an invite to join the third and only other PRO organization in the US). Which was one of the points of signing up with CDBaby Pro. Flipped a coin, basically, but as I understand it, all three of the orgs do pretty much the same thing, including the license policing thing. I can live with it...

Archived