Gibson Brands Forums

My new 2017 Gibson Les Paul Classic T Cherry SB

Seb1968

G'day every body, about a week or so ago, I pulled the trigger on this beautiful 2017 Gibson Les Paul Classic T Cherry Sunburst (see pic below of my rig when I am practicing). What a truly awesome guitar, it stays in tune perfectly (thanks to the Grovers), and those 57 Zebra pick ups absolutely scream, the only downside is that it's heavy but I guess that must be the type wood they are constructed from. All up, it's great guitar to play my AC/DC covers (just the rhythm part, lead is too hard for me).

15mzjhd.jpg

acm5e.jpg

Nice looking rig - congratulations.

That Marshall blasting away in the room with brick walls and cement floor must be something (get the ear plugs) [scared]

Thanks, yeah it's loud, but I only have the amp head volume up to 4, it's 100 watts, so there's no need to turn it up full blast.

Sweet...

I love my Classic but I see that the 2017 is a slightly different beast..

The older Classics came with the super hot ceramic pickups.. Its one of the things I really like about mine (and my one is also a good weight at about 11lbs) I like the 80s rock sound (think Slash) and you can dial it in really easy with those pups. The new ones come with Classic 57s..

And im not saying anything is wrong with that, they are really nice pickups. And that's a lovely guitar.. Happy playing [thumbup]

4! You must shift that room a couple of inches every time you practice. :o

Yeah, it feels like it sometimes, those Marshalls have got some power, now I can see so why so many hard rock and metal bands use them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sweet...

I love my Classic but I see that the 2017 is a slightly different beast..

The older Classics came with the super hot ceramic pickups.. Its one of the things I really like about mine (and my one is also a good weight at about 11lbs) I like the 80s rock sound (think Slash) and you can dial it in really easy with those pups. The new ones come with Classic 57s..

And im not saying anything is wrong with that, they are really nice pickups. And that's a lovely guitar.. Happy playing [thumbup]

Yes, my 2024 has the Super Classic '57s AND the active boost switch!

Beast!

Very cool, looks like you're set up in The Cavern!

Thanks, it's actually an underground cellar, my late father built to store his old wine collection, but these days I use it to practice.

Archived