Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Tribute Plus, HCS

212West

Nice LP, where did you find one in that finish?

Thank You!

It showed up last week at

zZounds

after the Iced Tea Burst sold out

"Only a Gibson is Good Enough"

slight fix

I should've shown the slip

sorry-didn't even think about it

How are you liking the Tribute? I was looking at a Goldtop Tribute the other day at (hesitates to say it) Guitar Center. There were a couple of younger kids there detuning their guitars so they could play chords with one finger and generally making a lot of noise (I definitely remember those days), and a couple of bassists and others, so I didn't actually plug it in. The neck felt good though and the action was nice. The Tributes are pretty much the same as a Standard but without binding? What else is different?

How are you liking the Tribute? I was looking at a Goldtop Tribute the other day at (hesitates to say it) Guitar Center. There were a couple of younger kids there detuning their guitars so they could play chords with one finger and generally making a lot of noise (I definitely remember those days), and a couple of bassists and others, so I didn't actually plug it in. The neck felt good though and the action was nice. The Tributes are pretty much the same as a Standard but without binding? What else is different?

Maybe it' just the pics, or the absence of binding, to me, the bodies look a bit thinner..

It's a great playing guitar

I haven't even plugged it up it is really great sounding acoustically

and has this vibe coming out of it

good strong feeling when strumming chords but it picks the middle notes a bit more than my others

which is a nice touch.

This guitar is heavy, about 9 lbs with the weight relief

It's body is thick so there isn't anything thin about that

Very smooth finish, no rough spots

the neck is the best part, super fast and I just love the feel

I prefer no binding here

reminds me of my SG Special from 2010-just super quick.

This guitar has the Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups and Grover locking tuners,

there was a nice Gibson Leather strap (planet waves type), multi-tool, polish cloth,

bench photo, QC card and gig bag (no pickguard). The gig bag is the same Good one I remember,

but eventually I will need a hard case.

"but eventually I will need a hard case. "

When you're ready, check out this one.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GWLPSBRN

I will eventually need to replace the case for my 95 LPS, the case is still sound but really showing it's 22 years of use.

This will be the one I try first.

Thanks I'll give it some thought

but this case is basically the same as my Epiphone 100th Anniversary case I found out:

https://www.amazon.com/ChromaCast-CC-PS-LPC-Electric-Guitar-Hard/dp/B00LCLG5XC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492008272&sr=8-1&keywords=Les+Paul+Case

but I do like how the Gator case has front support past the compartment. Very important

Here's another option:

https://www.amazon.com/Douglas-EGC-450LP-Tweed-Gold-Paul/dp/B015EA6IK6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1492008272&sr=8-4&keywords=Les+Paul+Case

It's a great playing guitar

I haven't even plugged it up it is really great sounding acoustically

and has this vibe coming out of it

good strong feeling when strumming chords but it picks the middle notes a bit more than my others

which is a nice touch.

This guitar is heavy, about 9 lbs with the weight relief

It's body is thick so there isn't anything thin about that

Very smooth finish, no rough spots

the neck is the best part, super fast and I just love the feel

I prefer no binding here

reminds me of my SG Special from 2010-just super quick.

This guitar has the Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups and Grover locking tuners,

there was a nice Gibson Leather strap (planet waves type), multi-tool, polish cloth,

bench photo, QC card and gig bag (no pickguard). The gig bag is the same Good one I remember,

but eventually I will need a hard case.

Thanks! I know I'll get killed if I get another one just two months after my last. I'm really wanting a Goldtop and a Cherry burst. I was liking the Tribute Goldtop and either a Classic or Traditional Cherry burst. I can wait a bit on the more expensive one but at $899.00, why not go for the Tribute first? Yours looks great. I might have to shop a bit and play some more Tributes to find "the one."

After doing more research, yours is the Tribute Plus and doesn't come in Goldtop and the Plus includes the Burstbuckers instead of the 490's and locking tuners.

Definitely let me/us know how it sounds when you plug it in. I didn't plug my Standard in for a few days after the purchase. I just loved the feel of it and took some time setting it up the way I wanted it. Your guitar is cool and inspiring. Thank you for the comments.

"but eventually I will need a hard case. "

When you're ready, check out this one.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GWLPSBRN

I will eventually need to replace the case for my 95 LPS, the case is still sound but really showing it's 22 years of use.

This will be the one I try first.

I'm coming up on replacing my LP case too. I'm afraid.

rct

but I do like how the Gator case has front support past the compartment. Very important

! exactly !

yea, yours is prolly like mine, while it's gotten a little beat up, it is still doing the job.

Pricing Gibson cases, Good lord, they are nuts! ~ 300 clams...

! exactly !

yea, yours is prolly like mine, while it's gotten a little beat up, it is still doing the job.

Pricing Gibson cases, Good lord, they are nuts! ~ 300 clams...

I know right! It works, still carries it, latches all work but a little rusty-ish. Still stenciled. I have two of my original cases, 25+ years old, that one and the Tele. My #1 Tele case is barely a case anymore. I'm workin on it. There's always something more important, like strings, or a new garlic grater or something.

rct

My poor 81 V's case is quite ragged, the bottom wood crushed, bumper stickers and such all over it, battered to hell over the years and travel. It's functional but I'd love to replace it someday. Finding a hardshell V case from that era is difficult and expensive as well.

I'm very pleased with this guitar. Great playing neck

LP12_1.jpg

LP1.jpg

LP3.jpg

Got some flames going on

LP5.jpg

LP11.jpg

LP10.jpg

LP9.jpg

One piece body, no seams

That's one fine looking Gibson, I am impressed, and congratulations on your purchase.

Maybe it' just the pics, or the absence of binding, to me, the bodies look a bit thinner..

From the photos it appears that it may not have a maple cap? Just the mahogany (which is cool)and thus also looks a little thinner than other LPs. I couldn't find the "Tribute Plus" on the website to see how they described the body. [confused]

But nice looking guitar hope you enjoy it. And c'mon man get that thing plugged in and cranked up [drool]

From the photos it appears that it may not have a maple cap? Just the mahogany (which is cool)and thus also looks a little thinner than other LPs. I couldn't find the "Tribute Plus" on the website to see how they described the body. [confused]

But nice looking guitar hope you enjoy it. And c'mon man get that thing plugged in and cranked up [drool]

It's got a carved flamed maple cap

37121276441_69b9924f50_b.jpg

the current pictures don't do it justice at all

Features:

- Grover Locking Tuning Machines

- Tektoid nut: Dense and self-lubricating for great sustain and accurate return to pitch

- Even thicker rosewood fingerboard: Even more tone

- Slim taper neck profile: Fast and comfortable

- A grade plain maple top: Vintage Les Paul looks and tones

- Mahogany body with 9 hole weight relief: Authentic Gibson tones. Lighter and more comfortable to play

- Burst Bucker pickups in both Bridge and Neck positions

- Classic Gibson controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch for total control

- Nickel TOM and Stop Bar: Traditional nickel hardware for authentic tones plus the precision of a Tune-o-Matic bridge

- Padded gigbag: Protective and easy to carry

The maple cap is clearly visible in the last photo marked "one piece body no seam"

• 5 months later...

Archived