Gibson Brands Forums

Reverend Sensei Guitars

Rabs

Bigsbys look like they belong on Gretches. Anything else? I don’t know. I thought they looked cool when I was 16. Whereas now I walk right past anything bigsbied. If it weren’t for Bigsbys, I probably would have bought a Gretch by now.

I notice Lee used the term ‘bass roll off’. So now that it’s officially crossed the Atlantic, I have to confess I am still a little puzzled by this ‘roll off’ thing.

I took it to mean (in English English) to ‘turn down’. But we also ‘turn up’ tone & vol. So why is there no ‘roll on’? Or has that been EXCLUSIVELY reserved for deodorants?

If you only roll off the tone then its permanently on max bass for the life of the guitar. If the same is true of volume then they should all be silent for ever.

Look, I’m gulable, you could tell me anything and I’ll believe it. Fill ya boots.

Reverend? Looks ok. Not so sure about the sound. It seemed lurid & abrasive to me.

The name puts me off - it is like a confusion of two cultures. A bit like Reverend calling one of their guitars the Imam.

And here we have the brand new "Reverend Imam".

Er...no thanks.

Might be a decent guitar really but I am not keen on any sort of tremolo arm.

Archived