Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson owner and I'm loving it !

Midnight1961

Hey folks,

Just joined this forum...looks like a great site !

I've played off an on for a while, I'm still a hack at playing, but sure do enjoy it.

Just picked up my first Gibson, a lightly used 2016 faded Les Paul Studio. I am now officially in love with a piece of mahogany wood.

Hope to learn a lot from this site !

Oh man, that is a gorgeous guitar!

I love the natural dark wood finish on the top, all the black trim, and the black sides and neck.

Fabulous!!

[love]

Thanks! Don't have a big budget for guitars, especially since I just play for the fun of it, but this is maybe the best purchase I've made in a long time.

My other very modest gear is a 1998 MIM Fender Strat, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, Takamine G240 acoustic, Orange RC35 Amp, and Bugera 5 watt tube amp.

Here's the rest of my equipment, minus the Takamine....I know it's pretty low end stuff, but I have fun with it !

post-84994-039834200 1492132195_thumb.jpg

Very nice equipment and guitars! msp_thumbup.gif And Welcome. Nah, it's not always about expensive gear. I went to the music store and played a bunch of guitars, high and low end and fell in love with a $449. Guitar I had to have so the wife bought it and gave it to me for my 64 birthday. And honestly, I intended on getting another Gibson. But I have 2 Les Paul's and wanted something a bit different.

Thanks ! Just added a new guitar today. An Ibanez AEG1211 Acoustic/Electric.

All mahogany. First impression is pretty positive. Set up wasn't bad out of the box. Out of several purchases from GC, this was the 1st guitar from there that came in a box and not off the wall. Not a big deal, but its always nice to know your getting a guitar that hasn't been played by somebody that just ate at KFC !

w0rf44.jpg

I'd rather have a bunch of guitars, lower end, that I loved than one really expensive guitar or piece of equipment I didn't love. Looks like some beautiful guitars. Thanks for sharing. Gotta love a good deal on a great guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

Just joined this forum...looks like a great site !

I've played off an on for a while, I'm still a hack at playing, but sure do enjoy it.

Just picked up my first Gibson, a lightly used 2016 faded Les Paul Studio. I am now officially in love with a piece of mahogany wood.

Hope to learn a lot from this site !

Welcome, and great choice of guitar, in April 2016 I purchased a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Satin fireburst, they are a great guitar, and excellent value for money.

Thanks for the nice welcome !

Still trying to figure out how to upload images...here's a very low resolution photo of new guitar.

Got it for $525.00 with hardshell case.

Lucky you, you landed yourself a real bargain there, and that's a beautiful Gibson Les Paul.

Archived