Gibson Brands Forums

New LP limited Run

Black Dog

Well, I've had a new gear itch. I was looking at R-I's but short of a true historic R0, nothing was working for me and I'm not ready to lay down 8k for one, yet. So I came across this really nice 2016 Joe Bonamassa limited run. I'm not a huge JB fan, although I do like his playing and his covers. Anyway, this guitar just had a beautiful top that I couldn't resist. Just got it today from zzounds. nice slim taper neck, gorgeous top. sounds great. plays great. I love it. Just trying to figure out how to post photos.

Thanks guys. It really is a nice guitar and I feel fortunate to have it. I was a little apprehensive about it because of the Seymour Duncan pups and the Tomato Soup color but both are great. The pups sound really good. Compared to the 490s in my tributes I would say maybe a little hotter, nice crunch and grit but still seems to have more clarity if that makes sense. I think I've been lucky, all the guitars I've had have been pretty good, Epis and my Gibson tribute Ts, but this one is obviously really sweat.

VERY NICE...

Flame and quilty tops can sometimes be a bit hit and miss.. That's like a cross, part flame part quilt and not too over the top as some can be..

Happy playing [thumbup]

Thanks Rabs. That top is what sold me. You're right, it has just the right amount of quiltiness to it. As always, looks even better in person.

Archived