Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Faded T

rdnzl

After a bit of a hiatus, I am getting back into Les Paul's, and guitars in general. Hand surgery and some other issues made me quit. But I'm at the point where I think I can give it the old college try.

Now that I am retired, money doesn't grow on trees any more, so I think I am going to get a 2017 Faded T in the worn cherry finish. I've heard some good things about them.

Seem like a good choice for the money. Anyone have any red flags on this model?

And $799 is pretty much my budget. And nothing that says Epiphone on it will excite me.

Good to be back.

Hey man.. Well, welcome back to playing.. Good on you [thumbup]

No, no real red flags at all.. They are great guitars, my brother in law has one....

I guess if I really want to be picky about it.. The only thing I have heard is that if you are a player who plays hard and plays every day, the paint can wear out easy in the usual spots (where the forearm rests etc)...

But other than that, they are made in the same place and by the same people as all of the other USA Gibsons...

So enjoy and let us know what you think.. We also will expect some pictures.. :)

I got the Faded T yesterday. It's actually quite nice. Better than I expected. It plays well, has tons of sustain, and seems to be functionally perfect.

OK, congrats, but there is a rule around here. It didn't happen if there aren't any picture of the new guitar!! Look forward to seeing what it looks like. [thumbup]

OK, congrats, but there is a rule around here. It didn't happen if there aren't any picture of the new guitar!! Look forward to seeing what it looks like. [thumbup]

It's hard to get a photo that really shows the finish and the color correctly, but here's a couple pics.

FcP9x4K.jpgoYzoEJN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived