Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deckadance 2.7 activation error

#1 User is offline   eight tigers 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Hi,

I bought Deckadance standard edition when it was in version 2.5. I downloaded the 2.7 installer and tried activating it (again, picking standard edition to generate the response request).

First, the activation response I got back from the site said version 2.5, not 2.7. Not sure if that's relevant, but when I tried loading it into Deckadance, I got a response saying "Activation response file failure. Stanton Deckadance is not activated."

Can someone fix this?

EDIT:
Also, the main reason I upgraded was because I heard 2.7 had a way to load tempo from the ID3 tags, instead of constantly trying to analyze new tracks. Is there a way to disable analysis and just use the tags? More often than not, if a song already has the tempo tagged, the tag is more accurate than what Deckadance figures from its analysis. And I appreciate that this is how it handles keys now, but selecting a bunch of tracks still only lets you reload tags for one of them at a time, meaning I have to reload every track individually if I want keys from the tags. (Plus, an option to display keys normally would be appreciated, instead of numbers.)

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:57 AM

Did you activate version 2.5 when you bought it? If it was activated and working before then you shouldn't need to activate it again. Do you remember the exact date when you bought it?

eight tigers said:

the main reason I upgraded was because I heard 2.7 had a way to load tempo from the ID3 tags, instead of constantly trying to analyze new tracks. Is there a way to disable analysis and just use the tags?

Key can be loaded from tags but for tempo the analysis is needed because we need to know precisely where the beatmarks are placed for things like auto looping, beat jumps, syncing, ...etc. When you import songs for the first time the database bpm field is loaded from tags but once the song is analyzed we update the bpm field.

eight tigers said:

...selecting a bunch of tracks still only lets you reload tags for one of them at a time, meaning I have to reload every track individually if I want keys from the tags.

I will work on this.

eight tigers said:

(Plus, an option to display keys normally would be appreciated, instead of numbers.)

It's in the TODO list.

#3 User is offline   eight tigers 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:12 AM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 17 April 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

Did you activate version 2.5 when you bought it? If it was activated and working before then you shouldn't need to activate it again. Do you remember the exact date when you bought it?

Looking through my forum history, it looks like the activation failed, and I had to contact these forums to have it activated: http://forum.gibson....ost__p__1723391
Going into the About section shows that it's the DVS demo. I bought 2.5 Standard, but there was only one download link for 2.7.

View PostLuis Serrano, on 17 April 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

I will work on this.

It's in the TODO list.

Thanks! I appreciate that the development team is also supporting their software directly.

#4 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:31 AM

I have sent a private message with a possible solution, let me know if it works.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users