Gibson Brands Forums

A New Day

MrNylon

A new day for me indeed. You never know what's going to happen. A day after turning 65, I was home in the kitchen feeding the dogs. I bent over to pick up their empty plates, and when I stood up everything went crazy. I had severe back spasms, and could't breathe. I almost didn't have enough breath to call 911. A week in the hospital and they determined at first was just some light fluid on the out side of the right lung. It turned out to be a severe thick, heavy coating on the lung. An hour and a half surgery, turned into three hours, and a removal of my right fifth rib. I almost didn't make it through it, it was that severe. That was March second. Now I'm home, and healing up. They don't know what caused it. Ya' just never know. I'm at least now able to start to play the bass again. A new day.

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm doing a lot better, just a little lighter minus that fifth rib. But seriously, I would just like to say to all you great people here, take care of yourselves. They don't know why I went into a tailspin. It just happened. The unknown is the scary thing in life. Play your Axes, weather they are Gibsons, Fenders, whatever. MUSIC IS GREAT! QIg3Sct.gif

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm doing a lot better, just a little lighter minus that fifth rib. But seriously, I would just like to say to all you great people here, take care of yourselves. They don't know why I went into a tailspin. It just happened. The unknown is the scary thing in life. Play your Axes, weather they are Gibsons, Fenders, whatever. MUSIC IS GREAT! QIg3Sct.gif

What are you using these days?

rct

What are you using these days?

rct

I'm playing an Olympic White Mustang PJ, a 3-Color Sunburst Am. Std. Jazz, a USA Geddy Lee Jazz, and a Special Edition White Opal Jazz. Those are going through a Markbass Mini CMD 121P / NY121.

You are an educated man Sir. The Mustang PJ has the Jazz size 1.5" nut onboard.

I have an 05 Transparent Sunset Orange on Ash Jazz. Man, I love love love that thing. Took 'em six months to make it, and it is without doubt the best put together, painted, feeling, sounding guitar I have ever played. Can't believe I own it!

rct

I have an 05 Transparent Sunset Orange on Ash Jazz. Man, I love love love that thing. Took 'em six months to make it, and it is without doubt the best put together, painted, feeling, sounding guitar I have ever played. Can't believe I own it!

rct

That's in a way how I feel about the USA Geddy Lee Jazz. It's a borderline CS bass that has a neck on it that doesn't quit. I bet your Jazz was well worth the six month wait. For my playing anymore, a Jazz is it. After a lot of years with old Gibson EB-0's, and SG Std.'s I succumbed to Jazzes. To me they just felt better playing.

That's in a way how I feel about the USA Geddy Lee Jazz. It's a borderline CS bass that has a neck on it that doesn't quit. I bet your Jazz was well worth the six month wait. For my playing anymore, a Jazz is it. After a lot of years with old Gibson EB-0's, and SG Std.'s I succumbed to Jazzes. To me they just felt better playing.

It's a piano around yer neck! My P is another great guitar, and I use it for that thud that only a P has. But Jazz is pure finesse, just really round and rich. I don't play bass out, I just use them for recording and the occasional turn up something loud and lope along with some great bass player or other.

rct

It's a piano around yer neck! My P is another great guitar, and I use it for that thud that only a P has. But Jazz is pure finesse, just really round and rich. I don't play bass out, I just use them for recording and the occasional turn up something loud and lope along with some great bass player or other.

rct

I just play in the house anymore myself. I gave up doing studio work a while ago. It just got to be one more thing to have to deal with. Some of these studios sure weren't Abbey Road.

Archived