Gibson Brands Forums

Sometimes my OCD takes over!

NHTom

I guess the guitars are in the cases? I don't keep mine in the case unless I am taking them to a gig, so my problem is always where to keep the dang cases. Right now the spare bedroom is the answer, but I like what you did with the shelving. Might try that.

I can also see why your patch bay idea was applicable. A switcher would let you move between those amps easily enough. My room isn't really organized enough to pull that off. And a lot of mine aren't even plugged in unless I need them. What would be really cool would be a wall plate with numbers for each amp (allowing for future expansion of course). To play the number one amp, you just plug your guitar into the jack labeled #1. Boom! Hope I'm not overstimulating your OCD, but that would be badass.

I did the bakers racks for cases and the guitars in long multi-guitar stands for a long time. Then I was at the only Atlantic City Guitar Show ever, and saw these:

A thing that holds your guitars and cases at the same time

A few years ago I got a couple and I keep my guitars in their cases on these, and only a couple guitars on stands upstairs, one ACKH! coustic and one lekkik.

You guys could fix that ocd quick with these. I really am glad I found them, hate having guitars and cases around.

rct

" I really am glad I found them, hate having guitars and cases around."

nope, not falling for this out right lie about you and hating cases,,, nope, no, nine and not.. uh-uh,. just no..

(jk!!. == those racks - both the bakers., and the lean tos you found... are really nice tho...)

" I really am glad I found them, hate having guitars and cases around."

nope, not falling for this out right lie about you and hating cases,,, nope, no, nine and not.. uh-uh,. just no..

No man, no. I hate having guitars and cases around. I think they should be together! I always hated having the guitars over here on stands and the cases...wherever I could squeeze, stack, fit, put under, whatever.

Case stands, Win Win!

In big news, I've begun stickering my cases again. Last year or two I removed decades of stickers from my last few old cases. I just started putting stickers on them again. I don't know why.

rct

No man, no. I hate having guitars and cases around. I think they should be together! I always hated having the guitars over here on stands and the cases...wherever I could squeeze, stack, fit, put under, whatever.

Case stands, Win Win!

In big news, I've begun stickering my cases again. Last year or two I removed decades of stickers from my last few old cases. I just started putting stickers on them again. I don't know why.

rct

Case stickers, yes! And, further, WHY? Not to mention WHAT? This could be a thread unto itself!

I just started putting stickers on them again. I don't know why.

rct

Me too! My stickers are all the same design - white background with black lettering. Like in my Fender rack, the stickers say "Big Apple Strat, Lonestar Strat, Roadhouse Strat, Clapton Strat" & in the Gibson rack "Gibson LP Custom, Gibson LP Standard, Gibson LP Studio, Gibson Howard Roberts", etc. :)

Me too! My stickers are all the same design - white background with black lettering. Like in my Fender rack, the stickers say "Big Apple Strat, Lonestar Strat, Roadhouse Strat, Clapton Strat" & in the Gibson rack "Gibson LP Custom, Gibson LP Standard, Gibson LP Studio, Gibson Howard Roberts", etc. :)

Nice - practical for ID purposes. I've heard some people say they won't do that because it advertises a good guitar worth stealing. Don't know exactly where I am about that. For those who worry, maybe some kind of mis-label 'code' would be an idea: Gibson LP Standard, for example, could become POS K-Mart LP Copy. Just blowin' smoke, as we said (but of course never actually did) back in the 1970's😄

Those are small, up at the pointy end, on the front edge of the case. I still have two old stenciled cases, but I haven't stenciled one in a long time now.

hmmm...

rct

I guess the guitars are in the cases? I don't keep mine in the case unless I am taking them to a gig, so my problem is always where to keep the dang cases. Right now the spare bedroom is the answer, but I like what you did with the shelving. Might try that.

I can also see why your patch bay idea was applicable. A switcher would let you move between those amps easily enough. My room isn't really organized enough to pull that off. And a lot of mine aren't even plugged in unless I need them. What would be really cool would be a wall plate with numbers for each amp (allowing for future expansion of course). To play the number one amp, you just plug your guitar into the jack labeled #1. Boom! Hope I'm not overstimulating your OCD, but that would be badass.

Yes, all mine live in their case when not being played.

I have not given up on the many amps/one cabinet idea.........just on the back burner for a moment.

NHTom

Case stands, Win Win!

rct

That is my problem. Those case+guitar stands are dope! [thumbup] Thanks for the intro

Looks good to me - wish I had that many guitars!

Am I right in thinking that below the rack on the left there is a drawer or something with more guitar cases in?

The rack on the left has shelves all the way to the floor.......There is even one on the carpet under the rack....lol.

NHTom

That is my problem. Those case+guitar stands are dope! [thumbup] Thanks for the intro

You are welcome!

I'm 57. When I tell the sommelier "this Cali bubbly is dope" I get funny looks.

rct

I have one similar that a friend made for me. My music room is tiny though, so I need the guitars on the wall. If I have more room that is a great solution.

Mrs and I agree the house in FL must have a large, big, roomy room for the guitars. Tireda bein jammed up in a quarter of the stupid basement.

rct

Mrs and I agree the house in FL must have a large, big, roomy room for the guitars. Tireda bein jammed up in a quarter of the stupid basement.

rct

[thumbup] Room for drums, bass, and three lead guitar players.... Ladies and Gentlemen, won't you please welcome the Geriatric Guitar Army... the Oldlaws!

[thumbup] Room for drums, bass, and three lead guitar players.... Ladies and Gentlemen, won't you please welcome the Geriatric Guitar Army... the Oldlaws!

Oh man hex yes that would be great!

You have to admit, when they come back around to the verse little chord down thingy to end Stick Around For Rock And Roll and Billy gets them three fills to end it, that is truly one of the most exciting minutes in music, I'ma put it in the headphones right now thanks to You!

rct

Two, two drummers, Dix and Yoho.

rct

Archived