Gibson Brands Forums

Some help on new guitaqr

Sunfist

Simple enough question here. I can not make up my mind on this simple question, which is better overall, an ES-335 Pro or a Sheraton II Pro. The Sheraton costs significantly more money but in looking at the specs for the two guitars I don't see too many differences. I know there is more to a guitar than specs though so I came here to ask people who actually own one or the other, is the Sheraton significantly better than the 335. I'll be playing primarily blues and a little bit of classic rock.

having played a load of 339 pros (smaller bodied), but not finding any 335 pros to chose from; ended up buying a Sheraton pro a year and half ago. (This my second one, my last one was from the late 90s, an okay guitar but the pickups were a bit muddy, and the stock hardware was - meh... The newer ones are much better, the pickups in all of these semis (Pro Buckers) are very close to being on par USA Gibson pickups.

While I have never played a 335, just the smaller 339 models, I would go with the Sheraton if you can swing the extra cash. The over all fit/finish was/is superior to the 339s I played (they are nice too).

The finishing cosmetics on the Sherrie is a nicer touch overall, an added plus to me is the bone nut, do the 335s come with those?

Anyways, the sherries are great guitars, I'm happy with mine. (Natural w/gold hardware). it sounds and plays great. I did have to do some dressing of about a half dozen frets to achieve the action I desire, but that was only a minor annoyance

having played a load of 339 pros (smaller bodied), but not finding any 335 pros to chose from; ended up buying a Sheraton pro a year and half ago. (This my second one, my last one was from the late 90s, an okay guitar but the pickups were a bit muddy, and the stock hardware was - meh... The newer ones are much better, the pickups in all of these semis (Pro Buckers) are very close to being on par USA Gibson pickups.

While I have never played a 335, just the smaller 339 models, I would go with the Sheraton if you can swing the extra cash. The over all fit/finish was/is superior to the 339s I played (they are nice too).

The finishing cosmetics on the Sherrie is a nicer touch overall, an added plus to me is the bone nut, do the 335s come with those?

Anyways, the sherries are great guitars, I'm happy with mine. (Natural w/gold hardware). it sounds and plays great. I did have to do some dressing of about a half dozen frets to achieve the action I desire, but that was only a minor annoyance

Agreed... Sheraton's can be had used for near or under $500 and if you like the upscale appointments of the Sheraton, the Sheraton to me is worth a bit of extra money, especially if you buy used. After my last two new Gibson issues, I swore I'd never buy new again.

Anyway,,, The Sheraton neck, head and "F" holes are bound, has gold tone hardware, the inlays on the head and neck are to me nicer looking, it has a tortoise like pick guard, Farrr better wood (Blonde to blonde appearance) than a 335 dot and a 7 piece neck just like a pretty high end Gibson would. The 335 dot has a jointed neck (not a bad thing just less expensive to make) and none of the visual appointments of the Sheraton.

There you have it, it's bling over less cha ching :-)

While the money is an issue I can certainly afford the Sheraton if it is worth the extra cash and you guys have convinced me it is. To be honest I was leaning that way anyway, I just like the look of the Sheraton better, has the look of class.

I totally agree!

I recently did buy a Sheraton II pro in natural and was very impressed.

(not that I really needed it, owning Gibson ,Rickenbacker, Gretsch and Fenders),

but I could not resist.

Quality, attention to detail are top notch and it sounds great.

Best bang for the buck !

Archived