Gibson Brands Forums

Bubbly Talk

rct

Good stuff coming up this summer.

An ordinary good champagne:

brutyellowlabel.jpg?itok=3fnsSq_d&c=ed0401180201430aa0177e22d1158da3&akamai=D2v7ouEP

ooo Lah Lah:

02-vignette-cristal_0.jpg

Yum.

Did I say Yum?

Yum.

I ran into the Roederer in just the least likey of places and had to have it. Pippy goes to his house to get it.

rct

Bubbly fan here. I've no idea why, but bubbly hangovers are nothing compared to any other hangover.

I suppose you could "drink responsibly", but I've yet to do that.Sounds like a good idea in theory. Then again, the whole premise is flawed - here's a potent neurotoxin: enjoy it responsibly.

That's how I rationalize it, anyway ;)

ooo Lah Lah:...

02-vignette-cristal_0.jpg

Oh My Good Lord Almighty!

The 'Dame' and the 'Dom' might be casual and periodic acquaintances of mine but, sadly, I've never once been intimate with Cristal.

Sir; I doff my cap most generously in your direction and sincerely hope that you and yours savour the anticipated moments; and that when the time comes the actual experience, in return, can match - if not indeed surpass - your anticipation in full.

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

Pip.

Cristal is good stuff. I treat myself to a bottle of Dom every year on my birthday. Other champagne events are major holidays (Christmas, New Years day, Easter, etc.) and of course, wedding anniversary! Love the bubbly.

Oh My Good Lord Almighty!

The 'Dame' and the 'Dom' might be casual and periodic acquaintances of mine but, sadly, I've never once been intimate with Cristal.

Sir; I doff my cap most generously in your direction and sincerely hope that you and yours savour the anticipated moments; and that when the time comes the actual experience, in return, can match - if not indeed surpass - your anticipation in full.

Oh thank You Pippy, we are looking at it and salivating right now. We can not wait. I've always wanted a Cristal, now we have one. It isn't every day two people are age get their second degree, so it called for something really special. I was looking for Dame, ran right into two bottles of Cristal. Holy crap I can't believe it's sitting here! Have to wait until July sometime.

I'm glad to see the bubbly enjoyment here!

I do like the Dom, but prefer the ordinary Moet. Our absolute favorite restaurant serves Clicquot by the glass as the house sparkling. My kinda dump!

rct

Cristal is good stuff. I treat myself to a bottle of Dom every year on my birthday. Other champagne events are major holidays (Christmas, New Years day, Easter, etc.) and of course, wedding anniversary! Love the bubbly.

For you, and your location, two words: Iron Horse. Go get some!

rct

Bubbly fan here. I've no idea why, but bubbly hangovers are nothing compared to any other hangover.

I suppose you could "drink responsibly", but I've yet to do that.Sounds like a good idea in theory. Then again, the whole premise is flawed - here's a potent neurotoxin: enjoy it responsibly.

That's how I rationalize it, anyway ;)

The high is the best. The high is commensurate with the money spent, and I never believed that until I started trying out some big money stuff. Champagne just makes you happy to be alive. Champagne does not give me a hangover at all. But then, a bottle is about as much as I can do at one time, and that rarely happens.

rct

Guest Farnsbarns

Despite my muttering about wine recently I view Champagne as something else entirely.

I love Champagne. I have to be a bit careful though, goes to my head very quick.

My rule of thumb is nothing below ten quid, and nothing above fifteen.

Never tried Champagne then? ;)

The high is the best. The high is commensurate with the money spent, and I never believed that until I started trying out some big money stuff. Champagne just makes you happy to be alive. Champagne does not give me a hangover at all. But then, a bottle is about as much as I can do at one time, and that rarely happens.

rct

A bottle!? Christ, a bottle would put me out. Strange because a bottle of rum or whisky not much smaller can disappear overnight. I keep telling people it's highly volatile and evaporates.

I know what you mean, Champagne is quite a sharp, cerebral high. Flighty, fanciful and happy.

I've had this conversation a few times. I think we all know that different brews affect us differently. But why? It's all just ethenol.

Beer is fairly middle ground. I get a little louder and lose some inhibition. I think of this as "standard" drunk.

Then there's white wine. A slightly sharper high, perhaps a little more manic for want of a softer word.

Red wine is a sloppier drunk. More relaxed and chilled. Akin to opiate based pain meds perhaps. Difficult to describe such things so that's my description.

Whiskey is a very sloppy drunk but more towards the manic than the relaxed.

The list goes on. The question is why? I conclude that there simply must be other active ingredients, but why don't we all know about this. If there are other active ingredients you'd think we'd know.

Something which has interested me for quite some time.

I hear you Farns - champagne tends to put me to sleep, whereas rum, bourbon and beer I can keep up all night out with most folks.

Wine I enjoy alone or with family and close friends - never at work functions, trust me on this! [biggrin]

Archived