Gibson Brands Forums

Rig Rundown J & Lou

'Scales

Ah, this is self indulgent, but I love these guys. In an age of pre-fab bands, to go see these boys play pure goddamn 3-piece rock, with the most sublime/insane solos and kick-in-the-nuts rhythm is a rare treat indeed.

and this is how they make that noise...

Interesting stuff, 'Scales. Thanks for posting.

I didn't know much about Dinosaur Jr. until you posted one of their tracks in a thread a few weeks back - with a comment something like 'the greatest song ever written' - and checked them out.

Me Likee.

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Well that makes me very happy Pip. I encourage you to explore the catalogue. Many great songs - sludgefeast, the wagon, out there, feel the pain, start choppin, crumble, pieces, watch the corners...

I just missed them when I was in London last November (saw them in Byron Bay in January!) - I'll be back in London in November though and if they tour again then I'll shout you a ticket. [thumbup]

Ah, this is self indulgent, but I love these guys. In an age of pre-fab bands, to go see these boys play pure goddamn 3-piece rock, with the most sublime/insane solos and kick-in-the-nuts rhythm is a rare treat indeed.

and this is how they make that noise...

Thanks Scales! I think it looks mostly the same as the last time I saw, but I'm still drooling. You know I love the fuzzes and amps! I love the 620/12 too, I'm GASing for a 660/12 myself

What kinda fuzzes do you has mang?

[smile] I enjoy J's interviews. Obviously he has his communication issues, but he's unfailingly polite, patient, and I've never heard him big-note himself despite being among the great guitarists (RS top 100 etc) still performing, and the fact that you can go to a pub and work your way to the front easily enough (if you can handle the volume [laugh] ) to stand and watch such a player is pretty unique!

Dub, I thought you'd enjoy it - cool! I play just rhythm now and don't have a fuzz box - just use drive or dirty channel. I liked that one (Tonebender?) with the gate though - J's fuzzes can sound amazing, but it's all combinations of pedals so unless he puts out a sig pedal it'd be hard to get near his sound probably. I saw there's a Ron Asheton fuzz been out a few years - have you tried that one?

Archived