Gibson Brands Forums

Info vintage Gibson acoustic

LeonLena

Hope someone can help with info on what,is and value on my dad's old Gibson acoustic. Took to local guitar store they said--

Gibson (l-00 ?) (208 stamped on inside) flattop, mahogany, archtop,hollow body, frets 20 12 clear, bridge 7 pearl dots,

teardrop pickguard,some scratches but no cracks, pre WW2 logo,original finish, Case-black softshell w plush red lining w handle

hard molded plastic, 3 latches. Please help with more info and value thanks so much. Me playing guitar, I am now 65.post-85064-025935300 1492779214_thumb.jpg

Yikes!! What a specimen, in black, full white pick guard. Probably 1932-ish. Here's a page to peruse. There aren't many in such fine shape knocking around these days.

http://www.guitarhq....ibson6.html#l00

Many will chime in here with more info. Some with vast experience in Gibsons of this era.

What could it sell for? 6K anyway at the very top of the market. Condition and originality will greatly effect that.

Thanks sooo much for responding and info. Yes I will be looking to sale. I have more pics but when I try to upload is says file to big. Not good at tech.

But here is my email if that is ok. owenleona@gmail.com I also have an alamo fiesta with an amp, where could I get info on it please. Thanks

A beautiful guitar and my favorite variation of the vintage L-00: the 1932, tuxedo (black and white) version. I've got one just like it (on loan for the past year to a pro player in Nashville):

10382831_10202368547268355_704281335043110526_n.jpg?oh=52139971f57ec1dd84af8815f49a7cab&oe=598E8FC1

I recommend that you consign it to a major vintage guitar shop. Yes, you'll pay a consignment fee in the area of 20% of the sale price. But, otherwise, unless you know a lot about the guitar and the vintage guitar market, you risk selling for too little.

Thanks for posting here.

Archived