Gibson Brands Forums

Tomorrow night I'll use this

rct

No man, that thing and the 57s in it, the trc, the grovers, the dunlops, the switch knob and pickup rings, the jackplate, and the speed knobs are all 17 years old, stole it from Mars Music when they went under, last day, under 1600 out the door in a case. It doesn't look so good up close. Belt buckle on the back, but not through the finish. Couple soldering iron oopsii on the back, couple dents in the front. The bridge/stopbar are cruddy beyond hope, but I try to keep them clean. The machines are a little crooked and banged up because I hit cymbals with all my guitars, not just the fenders. I dearly love that Les Paul, it has been an awful lot of places and it is as much an extension of me as my Tele. Them two on the stands and it is a very happy night for me.

It's a Classic Plus, LPCP is what is penciled under the front pickup.

rct

Cool guitar, I too should've taken advantage of that Mars going out of business sale, but didn't, I didn't know enough to know enough.

I bet those '57 classics sound sweet. I have been enjoying them in my LP.

Hey thanks for the nice compliments folks. I seem to put a lot of pictures of my Fedners up here, so since it was going out I thought I should show that one off a bit.

The old coot cleaned up nicely, and I strung it up this evening. The 24 hours before a good gig just suck.

rct

Ohh nice I like it.. there is something about a nice trans amber flame top.. [thumbup]

Been meaning to do one myself at some point...

Wheres the case pictures though? Surely that's more important than the guitar :-k

;)

Wheres the case pictures though? Surely that's more important than the guitar :-k

LPcase2.jpg

LPcase1.jpg

I know, I take a mean picture, I know. I don't have a PippyTronic 9000 Triple Quad Reflex ASO 400 Deluxeamatic, so...

rct

Archived