Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for J-180

J-200 Koa

Where if I may ask? Locally?

Trolling eBay, I found one from 2002. Supposedly mint, but we'll see when it arrives.

Interesting live auction experience. Two minute maximum auction unless the bidding

stalls, then one...two...three...the auction is over. I wish I had bid on some other

Gibsons that were auctioned that night.

Leonard, The lefty J-180 from Japan is still on eBay should you venture into the vintage

market.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-J-180-LEFTY-Used-w-Hard-case-/182537190389?hash=item2a80107bf5:g:E~YAAOSw4A5Y0Hl9

Trolling eBay, I found one from 2002. Supposedly mint, but we'll see when it arrives.

Interesting live auction experience. Two minute maximum auction unless the bidding

stalls, then one...two...three...the auction is over. I wish I had bid on some other

Gibsons that were auctioned that night.

Leonard, The lefty J-180 from Japan is still on eBay should you venture into the vintage

market.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-J-180-LEFTY-Used-w-Hard-case-/182537190389?hash=item2a80107bf5:g:E~YAAOSw4A5Y0Hl9

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Yeah, that lefty J-180 from Japan has been cruising around eBay and, I may say, Reverb forever. (I believe, unlike in our hemishpheres, the Everly is very popular over in Japan; the color scheme, size, and appointments are particularly to their liking.) If it weren't for the smaller '68 moustache pickguards of that model (which are hideous btw), I'd perhaps have already jumped the gun on that one after requesting a few more bits of information on that particular guitar from the seller.

Not sure if anyone's taken note of the Ren Ferguson Everly on Reverb yet that was supposedly hand-built by Ren with original Kalamazoo parts from the '60s. Even the underside of the spruce top is signed by him. It's up for grabs for "a mere" 10 grand.

oatmduimlyxyen5xv0gc.jpgylzloyrxp3s1jdmm551t.jpg

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Yeah, that lefty J-180 from Japan has been cruising around eBay and, I may say, Reverb forever. (I believe, unlike in our hemishpheres, the Everly is very popular over in Japan; the color scheme, size, and appointments are particularly to their liking.) If it weren't for the smaller '68 moustache pickguards of that model (which are hideous btw), I'd perhaps have already jumped the gun on that one after requesting a few more bits of information on that particular guitar from the seller.

Not sure if anyone's taken note of the Ren Ferguson Everly on Reverb yet that was supposedly hand-built by Ren with original Kalamazoo parts from the '60s. Even the underside of the spruce top is signed by him. It's up for grabs for "a mere" 10 grand.

oatmduimlyxyen5xv0gc.jpgylzloyrxp3s1jdmm551t.jpg

I don't think Ren's guitar has the 4 3/8's body depth though?

It looks deeper.

That's partly why I struggle to actually order a Montana Everly in lefty ...because I like the shallower depth of the originals.

JC

Archived